Only Three Weeks Left

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
It's Torture to wait for the new member of the family, especially when you hear all the wonderfuil things everyone else is doing witheir Expanda.

Well, ours should roll of the line on the 24th of Feb:dance:, the dealer says that it will be delivered that weekend as he has another seven to come up as well.

I'm hoping to sneak in and take a few snaps as soon as it arrives, but pick up wont happen till the following week:hurt:.

So, We have organised the TUG, beefed up the suspension, installed an extra battery Isolator, One to run the fridge and one for the batteries.

Things to do when the van arrives to it's new home, Install anderson plug for the on board batteries. I don't like the idea of running through the flimsy small wires in the harness, I have wired to the end of the patrol with 4.58mmsq cable for both the fridge and the batteries. Hopefully the fridges wiring will be about the same, but I am sure that the battery wiring will not be, so that is #1 on the list of things to do.

Secondly, we will have to pack all of our stuff into the van, make sure everything works okay, then head off for an over nighter, somewhere close by to see how it all works.

Other things I will probably do, add protection to all of the underside components that are prone to damage, I am also looking at replacing the standard hitch with the Alko 'Off Road' coupling, it uses a normal 50mm tow ball and is rated at 3.5t.

Any how, I'm all excited about our new "baby' coming home soon. Will post some pics when she arrives.

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Ours is due around the same time i'm sure hey said 18th of the line then a week to get here to the West , I offered the Salesman a couple of Boxes of his Favourite brew if we could have it before the Long weekend (3-4-5 March) so we'll see what happens ....fingers crossed!!

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Ours is due around the same time i'm sure hey said 18th of the line then a week to get here to the West , I offered the Salesman a couple of Boxes of his Favourite brew if we could have it before the Long weekend (3-4-5 March) so we'll see what happens ....fingers crossed!!

Our sales man said that he has another seven or so to come up and will book a b-double to pick them all up and bring them up that weekend. YAY

Jim and Tab

Jul 29, 2011
Bendigo Victoria
yes the big chunk out of the bank was hard to cop
but it was well worth it .we now find that after spending next to $40000 were not going to just let it sit in the back yard
we find any excuse to use it.even if its a sat night not far from home we go away.
we have had all different types of campers etc but find the expanda is just the best
we have had ours for about 6 months and still get excited when we get to use it
you will love it
cheers
jim/tab and diamond

Reactions: MolongMick

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Well everything has been done ready for delivery, paperwork signed, insurance sorted, Dealer contacted and asked several questions regarding the van.
The Dealer said that he will try to have the van here on the weekend. If it is I will take some photos to show you all.

Fingers crossed hoping everything goes smoothly with delivery to Orange from Victoria.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
It has been a very looooooooong wait, but am very excited about the pending delivery:bounce:.

I just hopes it makes the shipment this weekend, or we will need to wait a few more days for it to arrive, which I won't be real impressed with:mad:

But I am sure the wait will be worth it.:couch2:

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Yay:dance:, got a phone call from the dealer and our van has arrived.

We are off to have a look at our little baby and take a few pictures and measurements for the Stone Stomper.

I just hope everything we ordered has bee put onto the van in the factory, fingers crossed.

Thirstyviv

Jan 8, 2012
Sydney
Good Luck big Fella fingers crossed that your new baby has everything you asked for and is in good working condition, can't wait to see the pics.

regards

Thirstyviv

Deano

Aug 10, 2011
Bargara, Qld
Mick,
Keen to see pics and I hope all the extras were put on. We had a one glitch. They forgot to put shelves in the pantry. No big deal. It's going to be sorted.
Look forward to seeing your next POST after your visit to the dealer.
Cheers
Deano

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Well, the dealer was ready for us when we arrived, had a very warm welcome.

He took us to the van around the back of the main shed and revealed our new baby. Immediately I was impressed, even though the van had just come off the truck, it all look really good.

Here are some pictures from the outside.

IMG_0009.jpg
IMG_0010.jpg
IMG_0011.jpg
IMG_0012.jpg
IMG_0015.jpg
IMG_0020.jpg

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
And a few from inside

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

Note the inner spring mattresses, which we did not order, now come standard.
IMG_0004.jpg

Cd player and solar panel monitor
IMG_0006.jpg

Shelves fitted to cupboard
IMG_0022.jpg

Under bed storage
IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg
Unfortunately LED's are not yet standard
IMG_0028.jpg
IMG_0029.jpg
IMG_0031.jpg