One week until 22.68.1. OB rolls off the line...

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
I want to know who supplies the sikaflex so I can monitor the ups and downs of the supply line....reckon it goes up from Wednesday's onwards.

Whenever it arrives, just pray it's finished as well as you would want it...another day or two doesn't matter as long as it's ok.

Ours was and we were very thankful.....and still are.

And I just bought some more sikaflex!

Gilmorehappy

Jul 7, 2015
Newcastle
hi all too funny! Like Mckenzie I too work in construction related work. So I know that with anything involving humans, there is no such thing as perfection, either with quality or timeframes, suppliers, materials, or equipment.

Really it is an impressive operation with many people and variables and it is amazing they can pump out so many vans and hold a schedule as they do. I fully expect to cheerfully solve a few defects myself, and to make a few improvements. Part of the fun! In a months time will be sitting in a great holiday location somewhere in our new van!

And as suggested I will get some sikaflex ( the good stuff) but don't get it on your fingers!

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Hey. Solving problems and small defects is part of the fun.

Who wants or expects perfection? As long as it's close and redeemable via warranty then that's ok.

We all like to potter.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
hi all too funny! Like Mckenzie I too work in construction related work. So I know that with anything involving humans, there is no such thing as perfection, either with quality or timeframes, suppliers, materials, or equipment.

Really it is an impressive operation with many people and variables and it is amazing they can pump out so many vans and hold a schedule as they do. I fully expect to cheerfully solve a few defects myself, and to make a few improvements. Part of the fun! In a months time will be sitting in a great holiday location somewhere in our new van!

And as suggested I will get some sikaflex ( the good stuff) but don't get it on your fingers!
Great attitude!

Reactions: Gilmorehappy

Gilmorehappy

Jul 7, 2015
Newcastle
Do you have plans to go somewhere?
Hi @McKenzie , yes we do have some plans. We travel for two purposes, one is for junior sport, (golf) and this was the main reason for getting a caravan, and this will be about 15 trips per year. Our first sports trip looks like being Goulbourn, we think Governors hill caravan park.

Then the nest trip, and the other reason for getting a caravan, is purely for relaxation. We are thinking Nambucca heads; seafood, comfy camp chairs, sleeping in, lazy bike riding with kids, and afternoon snooze! Youngest is a keen fossicker and has a metal detector, so we'll make a big thing of that with him. We also have gem and gold fossicking on the list and the outback will be a perfect base off the grid as necessary. Wherever we go this will be a great thing for the family, and one day the kids will look back and appreciate what a great time we all had.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Hi @McKenzie , yes we do have some plans. We travel for two purposes, one is for junior sport, (golf) and this was the main reason for getting a caravan, and this will be about 15 trips per year. Our first sports trip looks like being Goulbourn, we think Governors hill caravan park.

Then the nest trip, and the other reason for getting a caravan, is purely for relaxation. We are thinking Nambucca heads; seafood, comfy camp chairs, sleeping in, lazy bike riding with kids, and afternoon snooze! Youngest is a keen fossicker and has a metal detector, so we'll make a big thing of that with him. We also have gem and gold fossicking on the list and the outback will be a perfect base off the grid as necessary. Wherever we go this will be a great thing for the family, and one day the kids will look back and appreciate what a great time we all had.
You're singing my song!

Reactions: Gilmorehappy

Gilmorehappy

Jul 7, 2015
Newcastle
Still being patient. There were some build issues, yes, but good they are picked up and rectified before delivery. Looking forward to delivery and sharing some photos - you know how it is where the hungrier you get, and the longer you wait, the more you appreciate the food when it is finally served!

McKenzie

Jul 15, 2015
Brisbane
Sounds like you should have it next monday /Tues if thats the case. They told me 23 nov on truck...then the 1st or 2nd Dec for hand over. Which is about a week. Bit further to bundy. Only a few more day!!:D 22 foot....luxury :bounce:room to throw a ball around

Gilmorehappy

Jul 7, 2015
Newcastle
Well I thought I wouldn't post any more until delivery. It seems to make the waiting and delays pass slower! but...... The latest is our van will arrive in Newcastle Wednesday the 4th nov. Hoping a handover won't be too long after that, but so long as we have it before the 24 th for a junior sport trip to Goulburn.

Also I've booked most of December off work and want to be nomadic with family staying nowhere longer than two days.
Hope your delivery goes smoothly:bolt:

Gilmorehappy

Jul 7, 2015
Newcastle
Talk about exciting- today we bought a large year planner for the wall (Office-works) onto which a whole year of travel plans can be hung on the wall, dry erase marker, sticker dots etc etc.

So far there are 38 days of travel listed (at last count)with many more trips yet to be listed. And what's good is there are many more trips yet to be added!

priceless!