One week until 22.68.1. OB rolls off the line...

Gilmorehappy

Jul 7, 2015
Newcastle
If the build takes four days I assume station one of 35 should begin on Friday. From a pile of raw materials should pass through gestation to emerge a 2.5 tonne beast armed for touring by the following Wednesday. It will then emerge through a door in to the bright light of the outside world, only to then, as a baby only minutes old, endure a lonely a 12 hour trip up the Hume on a flat bed truck to Newcatle, and then at some point we as adoptive parents can take delivery.

It's like the arrival of a baby, and preparations are akin to making sure 'the baby's room is ready' are afoot. Trees and grass are making way for gates and concrete slabs and caravan ports so the new arrival is properly set up and comfortable. It will be pampered, and proudly shown to friends to much ooooing and ahhhhing. I know it will have some teething problems, as to be expected in life, but we'll work our way through them! In time our new little behemoth of joy may become a little scarred and worn by life's adventures, but that only builds character?

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
If the new arrival is well behaved and treated well it should grow up to be a useful and much loved adult.

If not, it will a less than useful member of the mob!

Hope the teething stage is good and that the terrible twos pass you by, while you are away from home enjoying your pride and joy.

Is it a she or a he? Or are you waiting till you see it?

And a name chosen?

Gilmorehappy

Jul 7, 2015
Newcastle
well folks, matters like this can be unpredictable, and it seems things are progressing faster than expected. Actually, the waters have apparently broken and serious labour is underway. I feel as though I am somewhat 'in the waiting room' cigar at the ready. All they can tell me is we are early, and up to about station 30; surely some reference to dilation? it's too early to know if it's male or female, but I'm rather hoping its a boy as I think it will like roughing it a bit more? Imagine the shock of finding out its a week early. The new room is not even ready!

Will keep everyone posted on the early surprise labour and delivery!

Thanks for all your well wishes and thoughts at this exciting time!

Gilmorehappy

Jul 7, 2015
Newcastle
If the new arrival is well behaved and treated well it should grow up to be a useful and much loved adult.

If not, it will a less than useful member of the mob!

Hope the teething stage is good and that the terrible twos pass you by, while you are away from home enjoying your pride and joy.

Is it a she or a he? Or are you waiting till you see it?

And a name chosen?
Hi Dobbie, thank you and very funny! The family will need to vote on a name! Name to be revealed soon! I am not quite sure how to tell gender on a caravan. Are there any tell tale signs? I reckon this is where we can draw upon expertise from the forum members that can help us newbies?

Reactions: McKenzie

Gilmorehappy

Jul 7, 2015
Newcastle
Wow very exciting. I wonder if mine will be early also?
Hi McKenzie, ours is a whole four days earlier than previously advised. I notice your 17 is due in December, so hopefully it too will come a few days sooner! Waiting is painstaking but hopefully you will appreciate it even more when finally comes. :baby:

McKenzie

Jul 15, 2015
Brisbane
Yes waiting is good and bad....we make it fun by having count down calendars that the kids can cross off

The wood fire looks good....van would be great! Make sure you do a show and tell.

Reactions: Gilmorehappy

Gilmorehappy

Jul 7, 2015
Newcastle
Hi @McKenzie, update..... Our 22 was still on the line a couple of days after we thought it was done. Could have been some re-work? Who's to know! From what we can tell there's now a chance our rig will be handed over late next week. Will be grateful whenever it comes! Hope yours arrives as you hoped!:(

McKenzie

Jul 15, 2015
Brisbane
Yes its hard to be told you have to wait longer. Anticipation is great...we all love it. As the date draws closer.......the last few days to be told you must wait longer......ah

Well. I'm trying to sort a holiday out as soon as we pick up the van........:o
Not the best move over dec. I know. Not sure why the cant give date's. They don't have weather issues. Perhaps suppliers may be the issue? Im in commercial construction and handover dates are very important.

Gilmorehappy

Jul 7, 2015
Newcastle
Yes its hard to be told you have to wait longer. Anticipation is great...we all love it. As the date draws closer.......the last few days to be told you must wait longer......ah

Well. I'm trying to sort a holiday out as soon as we pick up the van........:o
Not the best move over dec. I know. Not sure why the cant give date's. They don't have weather issues. Perhaps suppliers may be the issue? Im in commercial construction and handover dates are very important.
I reckon for such a big operation as Jayco a tracking app keeping progress for all the thousands of customers would save such a lot of excited customers making enquiries. However they have grown so fast it would be hard to keep up with production demand and production technology let alone develop new ideas like that.

Reactions: mfexpanda