16' Series New van and a little confused

NickM87

Jun 7, 2014
Perth WA
2014-07-07 04.27.49.jpg
Our first night in Dongara went really well, set up time is much faster than the old wind up.Was very nice to shower our little boy in the van,it made things very easy compared to the struggle of the ablutions now that he is so young. Took off at 830 from Dongara and ended up in Geraldton for a play at the park then arrived at Kalbarri at 2.
Loving it so far and the family is too which is great!
2014-07-07 04.28.32.jpg

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Your dad is a generous man and I can see he loves his Jeep with all the extra chrome bits he's got on it.

BTW van looks good!

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
That's one pretty sweet set-up you've got going on there @NickM87 . You might need to hit your old man up for more "just borrow the Jeep Dad?" requests I think.

NickM87

Jun 7, 2014
Perth WA
Lol thanks guys! its an awesome car to drive the funny thing is iv clocked up 2000km on his brand new car so far and he's never even sat in the drivers seat because he had surgery on his ancle 2 days after delivery and still cant drive for 4 weeks but the aftermarket accessories keep coming to be fitted. One thing with my old boy is everything he has must be unique. He'll be very pleased when he hooks up he over 3 tonne Kingdom van with the jeep and sees how impressive it is.

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
:encouragement:Ah those pictures bring back memory's of a great place to visit, haven't been back for a few years now but after seeing those photos @NickM87 I might have to drop in on the way back from Coral Bay.

Also if you haven't been yet there is a awesome bird sanctuary in Kalbarri as well. My kids keep on bugging me every time we pass Kalbarri....Dad can we go back to the bird sanctuary... The standard reply.... Maybe next time :D

Enjoy you trip:eagerness:

Reactions: Nagga's

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
ahhhhh @NickM87 I love Kalbarri.............
as @skippy said - the Parrot Sanctuary is a great place to visit - do it every time we go there, and it never ceases to amaze me, or entertain me

lots or questions for you
which park are you at?
how is the Jheep for towing? - seems to be the "in" tow vehicle this year........
have you taken the little one down to watch the Pelican feeding on the foreshore?
seen the life size (nearly) Scottish Piper at the house on the corner?
did you go via the Highway to Kalbarri or turn off at Northampton? - (Linton Convict Station & Port Gregory & the Pink Lake?)
are you planning on a trip to Hutt River Provence while in the area? http://www.hutt-river-province.com/

good looking Van mate - have fun......

cheers

NickM87

Jun 7, 2014
Perth WA
Yeah @skippy we are heading out there today.
Well @bigcol we are staying at the Tudor park we have taken a bike ride to check out the other 2 and I think this is the best for kids because of play equipment, pool and bouncy pillow, but in saying that if you dont have kids the murchison park was beautiful but not as much for the little one. The jeep is an amazing to rig with the amount of torque it has and small comforts I would deffinently recommend it.
Pelican feeding tomorrow morning as the mrs wanted to make pancakes and we missed it.
We did take the scenic northhampton route which was stunning countryside and a little shorter, I heard also.
I had a look at the website you attached but don't think it is something I'm interested in visiting

Reactions: Cheyne78 and bigcol

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
we are staying at the Tudor park we have taken a bike ride to check out the other 2 and I think this is the best for kids because of play equipment, pool and bouncy pillow,
Yeah, thats the one we always stay at, nice and neat and clean, was going to try the "Anchorage" next time, just for something different
have you tried a feed at the Pub on the corner? they do very nice and filling Counter meals
The jeep is an amazing to rig with the amount of torque it has and small comforts I would deffinently recommend it.
Seems to be the general consensus, just trying to forget the CJ5 I used to own..... hahahahaha go anywhere, just leave your spine behind.
We did take the scenic northhampton route which was stunning countryside and a little shorter, I heard also.
Yeah, about 40Kms I think, should have asked before you left - as you come down that "sweeping" hill towards the Station there, there is something on the ridge line that most people dont even know is there....... apart from the Convict settlement
I had a look at the website you attached but don't think it is something I'm interested in visiting
its a History type of thing - the ONLY Sovereign State within Australian Territories, thats NOT Australian - and the reasons behind it are amazing

I hope you guys are having an absolute ball.............