New to me van and questions

Boatboy50

Mar 4, 2012
Gold Coast, Australia
Hey Guys,

I've just taken delivery of our new to us 07 18.57.7 Outback, after selling our 07 16.49.3 outback.

I seem to be having a problem getting any cold water pressure from the tap, either on mains or tank water.

Hot water has ample pressure at both sink and shower, but cold is just dribbling at both.

I can hear the pump working fine on 12V, and it cuts in and out with using the tap on and off.

I can see a water filteration system built in under the sink, and am wondering if this may be restricting water pressure severely, assuming that hot water does not go through the filter just like at home.

Would this filter be standard fitment from Jayco, or added by an owner down the line?

I also have a small drip leak under the sink. It traps water under the rubber mat fixed to the underside of the sink. Could this be leaking from between the sink drain and sink somehow? Just after ideas before I pull this apart.

All other issues seem to be sorted at this point, so I'd love some feedback.

Darren

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Welcome boatboy.
I would be looking at the filter but before you do, there is a tap out the front on the drawbar. Does that trickle also?

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
I'm with Brad...

Try the tap on the front, remove the filter and check that out.

Look at the fittings of the filter and the screws etc used as this should give you a good indication of wether it is factory fitted or not.

Try it on mains first follow all the pipes and check any sections that can possibly cause blockage, remove the pipe and see.

Then once you have it unblocked try the pump out.

Glenn

Sep 6, 2012
Bittern, VIC
Hi Boatboy,

i got told that the best way to bleed the system was to connect the mains water to the front tap on the drawbar & turn the tap on & then run the ensuite & galley taps until all air was out. Only other thing that i can think of would be the valve that switches from each tank, "though strange you have pressure through the hws !

Cheers Glenn