18' Series New Member With Expanda 18.58.2

Aussiejet

Aug 12, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Yes, we all know!
I'm jealous, so plenty of pics please.
By the way, you mentioned in another post that you'll get the van 3 weeks later after it comes off line.
Why so long before delivery? What do they have to do with it after it comes out of the factory?
Or, is that the last QC gate that it has to go through, and there is 3 weeks worth of fix ups Jayco have to do? Lol

Peter

I'm still jealous.
Come on November!!!!

JMS Project

Jun 14, 2015
Dayboro
Haha... Was meaning I'll know in a couple of weeks which ESC I have. But yes, can't wait.

I've been told it's offline on 9th Sept, then to allow 3 weeks for it to get up to the home of the Origin Shield.

It goes to the service depot in Brisbane 1st for the PD, and that's when the salesman goes to pay it a visit to make sure everything is done that I have asked for. I guess they allow a week, maybe to rewire, or any other bits and bobs. Then they flick it to the yard, where I pick it up from. Rest assured I'll be arriving on the doorstep at open, and leave at close, after 8hrs of fine-tooth-combing...

Cheers

Reactions: dagree

New18.56.2expanda

Aug 11, 2015
Ballarat
Thanks for the heads up Peter. I'm guessing cos ours are November runs then we could be getting the new ones but who knows.... Looking forward to seeing photos of everyone's new vans

New18.56.2expanda

Aug 11, 2015
Ballarat
Hi Again,

Forgot to mention about the privacy screens and storm covers.
We are getting the privacy screens which are like a black shade cloth material, which allos you to open your bed end windows for fresh air or light, but stops people looking in to see your partner still laying there asleep stark naked!

The storm covers are for more severe storms and again covers the bed ends.
We are getting those as well for when we go to the snow. Wind and rain "proof", and I do use that term lightly, but with some added insulation between the bed end material and the storm covers, they then become a more thermally insulating barrier for the cold weather.

I hope that helps.

And yes, thanks about the new floor colour available. We have already ordered the Boston Dark to offset the light furniture colour, although our dealer said we didn't have to choose colour for another couple of weeks. Probably same as you.

As your can is in the mid November batch, same as ours, we should keep intouch, especially about the final sign off and colour choices.

Talk soon

Peter

Sounds good Peter!
We had to lock our colours in on the day. They did the old 'oh there's only one left at the warehouse so you have to order now so u get it in time for Christmas otherwise you won't'

I liken our salesman to Gill off the Simpsons...

Well sounds like privacy screens are a must, don't want to scare any kids walking by.

Aussiejet

Aug 12, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Hi All again.

Well, we are meeting with the dealer on Wednesday for our final sign off.
We have these things all ready to lock in;
Extra double power point on double bed side of wall between bed and bunks
2 off Annex lights on off side of van, 1 above external shower and 1 near front of van, switched together
2 off Annex lights on near side of van, 1 in standard pos and 1 near front of van, outside awning leg, switched separately.
External Entertainment centre to fit inside bathroom cabinet in lieu of washing m/c
Extra internal TV point and brkt opposite bunks, mounted on shower wall
Extra powerpoint on top bunk

All these have been included in our original deal, so won't cost us anything more. we just have to confirm positions and other detail.
Colours and interior have already been selected.

If you guys have any advice for me to bring up with the dealer, please let me know.
I don't want to be bamboozled by the dealer with their standard "No" answers to questions without even confirming with Jayco themselves.
One thing I do want them to confirm is can the 18' have a 15' awning? I noticed that the 18' has the same 14' awning as the 17'ers. If they've got room, why not?

Your advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Peter.

Reactions: formyfamily

JMS Project

Jun 14, 2015
Dayboro
Hi mate.. It goes pretty fast hey !!

I would ask about the Fridge issue. Make sure they give you an answer on what they have done to lift it slightly, due to the scraping on the floor.

How are you going to wire it to your tug ? What sort of brake controller do you have ?

Also ask what oven combo they are putting in. They planned on putting in a crap 1 in ours, until I jumped up and down for the same that goes in the Silverlines.

I'd also ask where they plan on installing the 2nd battery. I'd say they won't be side by side, because not enough room for 2 under the bunk/dinette seat. Not sure what I'll be doing about that yet. I only ordered 1 due to the weight issue, and I'll be installing Lithium ones when I get it. About 1/4 of the weight.

Another 1 for ya - What did you end up deciding about the overall weight issue ?

Aussiejet

Aug 12, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Hi Steve,

Yep a few good points there!

I remember the derive issue you mentioned in a previous post, so thanks for for that reminder.

We are having to tow-pro brake controller installed, I was thinking with just the 12 pin flat plug. Also, an onboard charger so the fridge runs at 100% when we are on the move. That was a suggestion from my auto electrician.

As far as the oven is concerned, I wasn't aware that there are options. Can you let me know model numbers or brands so I can quote them, and also extra cost if applicable.

I will ask about the extra battery position. I'd imagine they'd offset the battery weight by having the other one u dear the main cafe seating. That would be logical.

As far as overall weight, the bathroom model is a little heavier, and they mentioned that it would be difficult to have the rating below the 2500kg with all the options we have, but again that was the dealer. I will ask again to get a factory answer on that one.

Good one mate! Thanks for the feedback. I'll let you if I think of anything else and if there are others with advice out there, I'm a sponge!

Will post soon

Aussiejet

Aug 12, 2015
Sydney, Australia
" the derive issue"????
I don't know what I was smoking when I wrote that!!

Should have read "the fridge issue"!
What have they committed to you regarding fixing it?

Thanks Steve

Peter

New18.56.2expanda

Aug 11, 2015
Ballarat
Hi peter,

May I ask what's the external entertainment system?

Sounds like you have it all covered.
I also got shelves put in on the robe when you walk in to the left.

Let us know what they say about the awning and the oven. I'm planning to go in there when we get back from our holiday to confirm everything.

JMS Project

Jun 14, 2015
Dayboro
Haha.. All good.

All I was told about the fridge was that Jayco were now aware of it and that it would be rectified. He had no idea what the fix would be.

Cheers

formyfamily

Aug 8, 2015
NSW
am keen to know the oven you got too as we have now added this to our list of extras.

Peter, do you have a final list of all your extras you can send me? Thou it sounds like you have everything!!

JMS Project

Jun 14, 2015
Dayboro
Sorted the Smev oven. Not sure of the model, but they were originally talking the 1 that goes into the Starcraft.

I've heard that the new Smev is now standard. Not sure what they were smoking...

I see Az has his now ? Did I read correctly, or was I dreaming ?

Not long for mine now.....

Aussiejet

Aug 12, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Yeah, hi mate.
I hope the holiday is treating you well.

Yep, Az picks it up on Thursday, so more pics and some commentary no doubt after then.

I did notice a few things I thought was odd.
In Az's photos, it shows a different configuration for doors on the robe next to the front bed. Also, storage above the fridge is different to the Brisbane demo as well.
Also, the light on the off side, above the external shower is totally different to the annex light on the annex side.

Why don't they use black components on the black Treadplate Aluminium on an Outback? The white just looks out of place. Unless of course there are no black components available?

I don't know. It's just these little things that let Jayco down.
They're big enough and go through enough quantity to have black components made if they really wanted to.

Anyway, still keen to get your feedback and photos when you get yours.
Any update from your dealer yet?

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
I would ask about the Fridge issue.

Fridge issue fixed guys, here is a pic of mine there is plenty of clearance.

IMG_1604.JPG

Reactions: davemc

JMS Project

Jun 14, 2015
Dayboro
Been raining on and off, but good to get away all the same. In saying that though, I want back for a day's work today, but back at the beach again now. Ha

Re the robe - I was always told it was a pantry, and the robe is at the back of the van, so I don't mind the doors at all.

Yes I had that issue with the components as well. I ended up giving up and if it bugs me once I get it, I'll make a trip to Jaycar and swap them over myself.

Your dead right though... Annoys the S?#T out of me, especially owning a company myself, that Jayco could be at 100% with very little effort. All the little things that they get wrong, they would save a motsa by employing someone from this Forum, and I think we all know who, to make so many more happy customers....

Rant over..... Haha

Reactions: dagree