18' Series New Member With Expanda 18.58.2

Aussiejet

Aug 12, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Hi All.

Like most of you, I have using this forum to make the decision to purchase.
I am glad to say we have just flicked the switch and bought a new 18.58.2.
Like one other member put it so nicely, "now the long wait begins".

Took advantage of the August promo,
Wind up TV antenna
TV/DVD
Fusion stereo system
External shower
Extra battery
Drifter Control Panel
Extra External lights
Extra Power Points
Picnic table
External Entertainment Unit
ESC
Full oven
Privacy Screens for Summer
Bed End Storm Covers for Winter

Thanks again Steve (JMS Project) for your input.

Can't wait!

Aussiejet

Aug 12, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Thanks guys for the welcome and the good wishes.
Great site you guys have got here. Lots of good information and exchange of ideas, so you have got me as a member for life!

Yes, we can't wait, but having said that, and with what I have read in other threads, I hope Jayco just take their time when making the van. Using the right screws and finishing off nicely would be a good start.
Here's hoping!

Aussiejet

Aug 12, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Hi guys,

For those of you that have ordered the new 18.58.2, is there an option to have a door, similar to that on the shower, put on the entrance to the bathroom? I understand from another thread that Jayco won't fit it, but has anyone asked if they can at least supply it? My wife is happy to cut the curtain short for the top.
Although, even doing this won't make it soundproof for when I have curry and beers!

Thanks
Peter

formyfamily

Aug 8, 2015
NSW
I'd be interested to know this too and if not what will people do after market. there has to be a better option then a curtain! why can't they even do a half concentia door??

not sure about what after market options could be?

Aussiejet

Aug 12, 2015
Sydney, Australia
So, just arrived in Jindabyne in our shitty little 14' 1986 Viscount Grand Tourer.
It's raining, the staby legs took forever to put down and level the van.
I pinched my hand on the bloody load leveler, and I can only run either the kettle or the fan heater, NOT BOTH, without tripping the circuit breaker!

I wish my 18.58.2 was here!
Come on November!!!!!!!

At least the beers are cold!
Who needs a hot cuppa anyway?

Peter

SMJ x2

Apr 12, 2015
PERTH
Hi guys,

For those of you that have ordered the new 18.58.2, is there an option to have a door, similar to that on the shower, put on the entrance to the bathroom? I understand from another thread that Jayco won't fit it, but has anyone asked if they can at least supply it? My wife is happy to cut the curtain short for the top.
Although, even doing this won't make it soundproof for when I have curry and beers!

Thanks
Peter
Hmmmm...... gas masks might be in order as well.:oops: :o

New18.56.2expanda

Aug 11, 2015
Ballarat
Welcome to the club! We too have just not long placed our order.

I wasn't aware there was an August promo, would you mind sending me a private message or replying with what price you got with those extras?
We got the following:
ESC
Extended drawbar
Tv
Wind up antenna
Stereo with external speakers
Control panel
Picnic table
Oven.

Would be interested to see if we got a good deal or not!
What are the privacy screens for?
And where do you get these from?

Aussiejet

Aug 12, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Hi Again,

Forgot to mention about the privacy screens and storm covers.
We are getting the privacy screens which are like a black shade cloth material, which allos you to open your bed end windows for fresh air or light, but stops people looking in to see your partner still laying there asleep stark naked!

The storm covers are for more severe storms and again covers the bed ends.
We are getting those as well for when we go to the snow. Wind and rain "proof", and I do use that term lightly, but with some added insulation between the bed end material and the storm covers, they then become a more thermally insulating barrier for the cold weather.

I hope that helps.

And yes, thanks about the new floor colour available. We have already ordered the Boston Dark to offset the light furniture colour, although our dealer said we didn't have to choose colour for another couple of weeks. Probably same as you.

As your can is in the mid November batch, same as ours, we should keep intouch, especially about the final sign off and colour choices.

Talk soon

Peter

Reactions: New18.56.2expanda

Aussiejet

Aug 12, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Ok all.
Just found out from my local Jayco service centre (not dealer) that Jayco are introducing a new version of the AL-KO ESC.
He couldn't tell me what the changes are. The service agents are going to Melbourne for product introduction and training.
Is anyone aware of this?
Will there be any issues with the use of the ESC unit with my current brake controller?
And probably more the point, are the new caravans going to be fitted with the new version ESC straight away, or have Jayco got a heap of old stock that will be used on all the caravans?

Just putting the word out there!

Peter

Reactions: Delano

SMJ x2

Apr 12, 2015
PERTH
Ok all.
Just found out from my local Jayco service centre (not dealer) that Jayco are introducing a new version of the AL-KO ESC.
He couldn't tell me what the changes are. The service agents are going to Melbourne for product introduction and training.
Is anyone aware of this?
Will there be any issues with the use of the ESC unit with my current brake controller?
And probably more the point, are the new caravans going to be fitted with the new version ESC straight away, or have Jayco got a heap of old stock that will be used on all the caravans?

Just putting the word out there!

Peter
I can tell you if we get the old or the new in about a month when our van is due.

Reactions: dagree