18' Series New member. First expanda purchase

New18.56.2expanda

Aug 11, 2015
Ballarat
Congrats on your new purchase. We have ordered the same and we get it mid to end of November. I'm sure someone on here gets theirs in a few weeks if I'm correct so hopefully we can have a squizzy at their photos.
Kel

Reactions: zigzag

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Welcome @zigzag and congrats on your new van .... it will be a palace with 5 kids after the Eagle. Don't be too concerned about the Tourer v Outback. We have an Outback, but it is unnecessarily high and very heavy. The suspension module is built to withstand way more than the rest of the van is capable of. I would have preferred something somewhere in between the Tourer and Outback.

Diesel heater is what you'll be needing .... just get it; its awesomeness :)

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Lol!!!! We all fit (just) and I might be a braver woman! Haha! I organised a trip to Ayers Rock and at Easter all of a sudden my husband said 'we need to upgrade!!!' Who was I to argue?
I got the same. We were looking at ordering the 17 expanda, then hubby eyes off the slide out in the 21. That was it for the 17. Picked up our 21 panda wagon in dec....with slide out. Who was I to argue?? (Plus it was easy to tow, which was very surprising. Just BIG,)
You'll love the extra room too.

Reactions: dagree and zigzag

zigzag

Sep 10, 2015
Central vic
:welcome: We need more women on here.Lots of good info here,and plenty of ideas to spend your money.I am sure Crusty will be along shortly to tell you, you need to buy a diesel heater. :D
maybe we will be arranging a meet near you we are going to lake beaufort next that will be lucky to have any water well mite have a bit in it
I cant say I've ever been to Lake Beaufort. It been a long time since I have been to the town. We have a guaranteed water supply thought the GWM pipeline. It's currently getting topped up as we speak. A good rain would help with the level but we can't seem to make it rain up this way. It's not a big lake at all, but only 10km from town it's perfect for slipping out after school/work for a ski.
image.jpg
it is called Wooroonook lakes

Reactions: Delano and dagree

zigzag

Sep 10, 2015
Central vic
I got the same. We were looking at ordering the 17 expanda, then hubby eyes off the slide out in the 21. That was it for the 17. Picked up our 21 panda wagon in dec....with slide out. Who was I to argue?? (Plus it was easy to tow, which was very surprising. Just BIG,)
You'll love the extra room too.

zigzag

Sep 10, 2015
Central vic
Oh wow! The 21ft is amazing!!! You must love it! We were getting the 17 as well until 'one last check' in the jayco website at poptop floor plans, and I saw the 18 had just been added!

Reactions: Smirke

zigzag

Sep 10, 2015
Central vic
Welcome @zigzag and congrats on your new van .... it will be a palace with 5 kids after the Eagle. Don't be too concerned about the Tourer v Outback. We have an Outback, but it is unnecessarily high and very heavy. The suspension module is built to withstand way more than the rest of the van is capable of. I would have preferred something somewhere in between the Tourer and Outback.

Diesel heater is what you'll be needing .... just get it; its awesomeness :)
Thanks Crusty181! I feel better already about opting for the tourer. It will certainly feel like a palace after the eagle. We are heading away in the eagle for one last trip in the holiday.

Reactions: Crusty181

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
I cant say I've ever been to Lake Beaufort. It been a long time since I have been to the town. We have a guaranteed water supply thought the GWM pipeline. It's currently getting topped up as we speak. A good rain would help with the level but we can't seem to make it rain up this way. It's not a big lake at all, but only 10km from town it's perfect for slipping out after school/work for a ski. View attachment 35394 it is called Wooroonook lakes
don't know when but where all coming up to arrange a meet there how many hrs from melb just to get an idea looks good

zigzag

Sep 10, 2015
Central vic
don't know when but where all coming up to arrange a meet there how many hrs from melb just to get an idea looks good
We do Williamstown in 2 hrs 40 mins from Charlton. Forgot to say there is toilets and showers out there. They are old and are one of the things that we would like to update one day soon, but they are clean. There are 12 large powered sites (2 vans would fit each site) on the foreshore which are $15 a night/per site for non members. Two years ago a brand new playground was put in and and pontoon which is great for fishing. Last year we held the maitryea festival (hippy fist) for the first time and financially is was a huge bonus for the lake as they will pay for the water each year (about $10-12,000)That would be the only time the lake is close which is March long weekend.

Last edited:

Tricky

Nov 10, 2012
Eltham Victoria
Welcome @zigzag. With 5 boys you'll have plenty of helpers in time. And more time for you to sit back and relax (not).

We are also waiting on a 18.58.1 touring. Good luck with the new toy!

zigzag

Sep 10, 2015
Central vic
Welcome @zigzag. With 5 boys you'll have plenty of helpers in time. And more time for you to sit back and relax (not).

We are also waiting on a 18.58.1 touring. Good luck with the new toy!
Congratulations on your purchase too! I can't wait until they are at the dealers here in vic so I can have a look at them in person! Yes, the two older boys have jobs when setting up the eagle annex.... They will be excited there will be no poles to hold up with the roll out awning!

zigzag

Sep 10, 2015
Central vic
So yesterday was the big day! We headed off on our 3 1/2 drive to collect at 6am.... And towed it home in that hideous wind we are having here in Vic. I've just opened the bed ends for the first time and noticed the canvas rubbing on the back bed as I've noticed a few 18.58 have mentioned it to be a problem on a FB forum. I'll just keep an eye on it and put it on my list. Excited about the new purchase and can't wait to take it out to our local lake on Saturday for a test run!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 172