18' Series New member. First expanda purchase

zigzag

Sep 10, 2015
Central vic
hi all. I've been reading here for a while, but just signed up. The is for the tips Today we confirmed our order for a 18.58-2 tourer. I've been nervous as I see most purchases are OB. We sat down and discussed it but there were things like storage shed (just a little too high) car, and extra $$$ to consider so we opted for the tourer. So excited! It's in the Nov run but pick up around early Dec. we are upgrading from an eagle (it's for sale!!) and we have 5 boys from 16mths to 11. We are looking forward to our 'holiday home one wheels'!

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
nice well done :welcome: you will be able to come on the vic meets we have now and then your sure to get great advice here going anywhere for Christy better get booking

Reactions: zigzag

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Welcome to the forum @zigzag ... Nothing wrong with a tourer if you're staying on the blacktop!!!!! We had a 16' tourer for 3 years and it did us well. Only upgraded to the Outback due to needing the extra height to get it up the drive.... OH and it was available to pick up straight away ;)

zigzag

Sep 10, 2015
Central vic
nice well done :welcome: you will be able to come on the vic meets we have now and then your sure to get great advice here going anywhere for Christy better get booking
Thanks Bluey! I'll have a look. We are fortunate to have a lake 10kms away which we spend -a week over Xmas skiing. Can't wait to test the new van out there!

Reactions: Bluey

zigzag

Sep 10, 2015
Central vic
Welcome to the forum @zigzag ... Nothing wrong with a tourer if you're staying on the blacktop!!!!! We had a 16' tourer for 3 years and it did us well. Only upgraded to the Outback due to needing the extra height to get it up the drive.... OH and it was available to pick up straight away ;)
Thanks dagree!

Last edited:

zigzag

Sep 10, 2015
Central vic
Hi @zigzag welcome to the forum, Congrats on the purchase, you will love it. The Panda is the best thing we did as a family. So many great holidays and experiences. Now for the dreaded wait......its not much fun :)
Thanks Holden_man! We originally ordered it it July, but knowing everything is final is making it so exciting! We are off in our eagle for one last trip in the school holidays. Hurry up December!!!!

Reactions: Smirke

zigzag

Sep 10, 2015
Central vic
Welcome @zigzag holy moly 5 kids under 11 in an Eagle....braver man than I! Great choice of van and dont worry about all the Outbacks, its whats right for you guys.
Lol!!!! We all fit (just) and I might be a braver woman! Haha! I organised a trip to Ayers Rock and at Easter all of a sudden my husband said 'we need to upgrade!!!' Who was I to argue?

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Braver woman it is then!!!......Even more kudos to you! We usually have 5 kids in our van with all the new friends our daughter makes when we go away, but we get to kick them out at the end of the day though!

zigzag

Sep 10, 2015
Central vic
Braver woman it is then!!!......Even more kudos to you! We usually have 5 kids in our van with all the new friends our daughter makes when we go away, but we get to kick them out at the end of the day though!
Lol! No such luck here! When we pull up I always get the look 'are they all yours? .... All those boys!'

Reactions: AzHaych

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Thanks Bluey! I'll have a look. We are fortunate to have a lake 10kms away which we spend -a week over Xmas skiing. Can't wait to test the new van out there!
maybe we will be arranging a meet near you we are going to lake beaufort next that will be lucky to have any water well mite have a bit in it

Reactions: zigzag