17' Series New Expanda Family

Sep 5, 2016
Sydney
Hey Everyone!

Long time lurker, first time poster. We've just set up our account on this awesome forum, what a great collection of detailed information, hints and tips!

For a several years we've slowly evolved from a two-person tent, into a big OzTrail canvas tent and then a borrowed Jayco Swan. We've just signed up to a Jayco Expanda 17.56-1 (Touring) with the following goodies :
  • Extra Gas Bottle
  • Gas Bayonet (Front)
  • Fusion Stereo & Speakers
  • TV / DVD with Antenna
  • Water Filter
  • A Frame Increase to 300mm
  • Shelves to Robe
  • Annex
  • Underslung
  • Battery
As a family of 4 we are super excited about the adventures we're going to have and how much fun it'll be for the kids. We should get the van by late November / early December.

We're looking forward to making our contribution to this forum with any hints and tips that we come up with.

Thanks!

Last edited:

willobee

Apr 8, 2015
Perth
:welcome:
I remember that wait well.
It ended about this time last year with our first van.
Since then all on this site have done as promised and helped me spend $ customising our panda and we love it.
Best decision we made:)

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
welcome to the forum (and community) @TheExpandables

you won't regret the decision to get the expanda but joining here just might be an expensive decision :D

Since then all on this site have done as promised and helped me spend $ customising our panda and we love it.
Best decision we made:)

yes, we do seem to have a "good" habit of helping the Australian Economy move along
as others have said, its a great investment into your future of relaxation and fun - well, maybe not in as many words.........

if in doubt - have a shout
someone will be able to help / guide / cajole you in the right direction for your answer

(42 isn't it...........................???)

Reactions: Delano

DWWood

Jun 26, 2016
Yarra Valley
@TheExpandables you've well and truly got more than our van, we have the bare bones i.e. no annex, stereo, 1 gas bottle etc but the one addition we do have is 2 of the fold down tables. They are very very handy. Aside from that we are new owners (of a 2014 model) and have only been on the 1 trip so far so not much to pass on on the way of 'hot tips'...

Reactions: bigcol and Delano

warren cook

Sep 18, 2016
Western Sydney
Hey,

Congrats on the new van. Similar story to yours, been watching for a while learning from others and decided to join now we have collected our first van. Ours came 1 month earlier then stated, fingers crossed the same happens for you.