MY14 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD Laredo

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Robbing buggers for something that should be standard equipment..................

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Exactly but been like that for years, on my WJ I made my own, while I know they won't break when you look at what they bolt onto, well it could be a worry.

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Job done. Although I never managed to drop the lower bumper...&f)))!!c k&$! Instructions were useless.
But let it be known the part can be fitted via keyhole surgery straight through the opening. Need small hands and patience. And a good selection of tools including a universal socket joint for one of the bolts.

image.jpg

image.jpg

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
With that hook you can attach a shackle and leave it on there, it swings to the side.

Getting that lower bumper off for the first time is painful, but after a couple of times it gets easier.

Reactions: twscoot

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
Yep.....first time I tried to take my lower bumper off was a challenge. Then it became easier.
Now can do it in less than 5 minutes.

I too was disappointed with no front recovery solution and the current Mopar hook wasn't even developed when I bought mine.
A member on AJOR had a set engineered for his MY12 and when he went full bar he removed them and I snapped them up.
At least with 2 hooks I can fit an equaliser strap for any recovery.
CE05F77A-94BA-490A-82DD-879EB93C94C4.jpg

Reactions: Drover and twscoot

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
I'm saving my coin for the full Chief Products setup. Two recovery points, lower guard, bash plate and transmission plate. Plus the Uneek Rock rails.

friday-base-of-telecom-3-wheeling.jpeg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I said that too, 8 yrs later not done always something else to spend the money on, maybe next vehicle......lol.

Reactions: BigSkiddy

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
being lazy I cant remember is i have posted these guys before, http://www.murchisonproducts.com.au Murchison products at Brendale on Brisbane north side they have a lot of stuff also, pays to call them before making a decision as they might just have what you are looking for. I bought my rubber mud mats from them, they have a really nice workshop as well, my nephew bought stiffer front springs from them after he fitted a Uneek bar and winch
(I have no connection with them, I just rocked up to buy my mats and was pleasently surprised)

Reactions: Drover

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Thought I was in the clear, but it has happened...Had the Grand Cherokee go into limp mode today. Will be on a tow truck to the dealer tomorrow.

Was only 2km from home when got the message "Exhaust Filter Nearing full Safely Drive at Highway Speeds to Remedy". A few seconds later the engine light flashes on amber and get a red lightening bolt with 'Service Electronic Throttle Control. Vehicle then wouldn't accelerate past 60kph. Drove home and back into the garage.:(

Frustrating, but after hearing so many reports of this happening to other Diesel Grand Cherokee, I knew it was only a matter of time.
Would have been heartbreaking if I had the van on the back to go away. Was only going to the mother-in-laws so not too disappointed.:behindsofa:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I never wanted to ask if you had encountered it, in case I mozzed you, a common thing with a few diesels with that DPF crap, I've often wondered if dealers are not using the correct oil which stuffs things up.

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
of a Y62 Patrol they are giving them away
I'm not that desperate!

I never wanted to ask if you had encountered it, in case I mozzed you, a common thing with a few diesels with that DPF crap, I've often wondered if dealers are not using the correct oil which stuffs things up.

I have never seen a message come up that a regen is occurring so I think it hasn't been doing them.
I blame the greenies. I don't care if the planet is warming, more beach days!

Last edited: