Flamingo My Flamingo

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
currently we have a Flamingo OB
what a beast, so happy with it
tis a 2009 model we brought 3 years ago off some friends who were upgrading to a full sized van
has a full annex now (last year) because the Awning wasn't as secure in colder camping times,
full size awning on Kitchen side - great for wind break, extra shade, and channeling air flow
bed fly's Std
safe
1000W pure sine inverter

005.JPG

this was taken last Jan at Kalgoorlie

this one was when we were in Norseman last year
043.JPG

we love touring around WA at the moment, but, the East coast will get a visit one day

cheers

Kenshi123

Jun 24, 2012
Ballarat
Looks like a great set up col. We would love to see the west coast someday. Have been to Perth onceLivity the drive to Broome and beyond does Look grand. Happy and safe travels.

Cheers.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
yeah, Stan, similar to the Hawk, but longer, the Swan has a dinette as well as the lounge & has a wardrobe as well.

I hear you Xpandafan - we are awaiting the arrival of our 16.49.1OB - mid July hopefully
then late July up to Exmouth and points in between for a shake down session....................
all it took was free Solar, free roof top aircon, and I signed....... hahahahahahahahaha

going to miss my Flaming-go, but bigger, better and longer trips are in the future (just call me Clair, Clair Voyant)

cheers for the welcomes

Reactions: Xpandafan

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Yay, go the 16.49-1 OB, you'll love it bigcol!
so what's the plan with the Flamingo, sell privately?

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
not too sure what to do with it as yet, need it for an upcoming Long weekend (June) trip, so I dont want to advertise it yet
but they offered good money for a trade in, so may just save the hassle and just trade.
I find it hard with my shift rotation to remember to advertise it, so when I am home - I can answer the phone.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
not too sure what to do with it as yet, need it for an upcoming Long weekend (June) trip, so I dont want to advertise it yet
but they offered good money for a trade in, so may just save the hassle and just trade.
I find it hard with my shift rotation to remember to advertise it, so when I am home - I can answer the phone.
We got $20k selling on consignment through the dealer we bought our Expanda from. Close to what we paid for it.
389523508.830254.jpg

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Consignment sounds like a great option. Better money than a trade in, but no hassles with phone calls, strangers coming around, setting it up etc. bigcol would be well worth finding out if that's an option at your local dealer!
Couldn't fault Prestige Jayco. As seen in pic, they detailed van and put it in prime position on the lot.
Went in about 10 days. If you can afford to bridge the gap it's worth considering. There's a few folks who are happy to skip the waiting period when a pre-loved alternative to new comes up.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
some more pictures for you

Blow Holes at Point Quobba
P1030151.JPG

Billabong Roadhouse North West Coastal Highway
P1030232.JPG

this is a hill with Gnomes on it, between Carnarvon and Warramal Roadhouses
P1030120.JPG
P1030112.JPG

Sunset at Dongara Port Denison

P1030246.JPG

cheers

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
well, I remembered to take a couple of Pic's for ya'all while away at Gingin on the Long Weekend just gone
only problem was

it was after I had packed up oooopppppssss

in this one, you can see I have an awning on the Kitchen side - mighty useful as winter insulation when down, and stability in winds as well.
IMAG0172.jpg

with these two, you can see it sits nice and level for traveling, as well as the box mod I made for the front
IMAG0173.jpg

IMAG0174.jpg

I think it looks ok, maybe...........

cheers

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
well, I remembered to take a couple of Pic's for ya'all while away at Gingin on the Long Weekend just gone
only problem was it was after I had packed up oooopppppssss
At least you did remember to take some pics. You need to get into training for when your Expanda arrives.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
yeah, I know Xpandafan, except the Boss, she is the family photographer - and getting her to take pic's of my beasty or the van is hard.........

cheers

Reactions: Xpandafan

les2476

Jul 12, 2012
NSW
tis a 2009 model we brought 3 years ago off some friends who were upgrading to a full sized van
has a full annex now (last year) because the Awning wasn't as secure in colder camping times,
full size awning on Kitchen side - great for wind break, extra shade, and channeling air flow
bed fly's Std
safe
1000W pure sine inverter

View attachment 13512

View attachment 13513

we love touring around WA at the moment, but, the East coast will get a visit one day

cheers

Wow some happy Flamingo and swan owners. Waiting to the end of July to pick up ours, I'm so keen to test it out and see how it runs.

Leanne

Jun 27, 2013
bed fly's Std
safe
1000W pure sine inverter

View attachment 13512

View attachment 13513

cheers

bed fly's Std
safe
1000W pure sine inverter

View attachment 13512

View attachment 13513

cheers