Just Browsing Moving into Shadowland

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Congrats CR and Mrs. CR.
At the rate that everyone is upgrading, there won't be many of us Expanda owners on here anymore.

Unless I win lotto and my Basestation rolls through the gate we'll be flying the flag for quite some time!

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Just a bit of a heads up Chartrock - the Achilles heel of the Journey full ensuite vans is that the shower door may decide to do its own travelling when going over corrugations. Ours did this on our recent trip.......
image.jpg

Jayco still haven't come up with a modification of the top bracket where the shower door swivels. Our van was assessed last Monday for repairs - hopefully new base and walls. Hopefully by the time your van is made this will be fixed. In the meantime I am going to wedge the top bracket between itself and the metal van frame so that vertical movement is stopped. Apart from that we are very happy with our choice.
Interesting that Jayco are now doing 3 drawers - much better.
As you know I moved the bracket holding the the table top to give a bit more clearance and make sitting better.
I have also attached the door on the left side of the kitchen via a piano hinge - this door fell off at one point on our trip. Inside that space we had a box with groceries etc which was a pain to use. So I have made two drawers to fit in that space behind the door. The one on top is a dedicated cutlery drawer, the other one for food. They are push to open, so unlikely to open by themselves esp. as they are behind the door. The piano hinge means that the door can open right back instead of blocking the passageway. Hope that makes sense.

Any particular reason for moving the battery?

Any way - congratulations again!

Bill

Last edited:

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Hi @Billrw136 , I had a good look at the shower door while checking out the van and decided a block wedged in on top of the hinge should prevent the door from lifting. Our table will be delivered unfitted so we can position where we want when we see it. The piano hinge sounds like a good idea as are the drawers in the cupboard. I may look at that as well.
We asked for the battery to be place under the dinette as it seems to just fit into a space that is not much use for anything due to the difficulty getting to it. It also puts the heavy battery directly over the axle and clears a bit more space under the bed.

Thanks for the heads up, Bill, looking forward to meeting you at Camerons Corner. :tea:

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Jaycodownunder.com.au seems to be available......
Perhaps a name 'modification' is all that is required!?