Just Browsing Moving into Shadowland

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Not quite the Dark Side but time to come clean. :bathbaby: We were at the Brisbane caravan show two months back and placed an order for a Journey 17-55-9 OB. We have been mulling over extras and changes since then but it is now fast approaching sign off time.

The “show specials” included ESC, Sun Blocker, Side Blocker and floor matting. It comes with Queensland rego, picnic table, 19.5” TV, 150L fridge, windup antenna, 120W solar on the roof and a 100A/H battery.

We did not go for other extras like extended draw bar as I don’t particularly want a box up front or bike racks on the back but we are having the sink hand pump fitted to which I will plumb a filter for drinking water. A couple of the things I asked for such as a centre mounted jockey wheel and the kitchen drawers changed from 2 pot sized drawers to 3 normal sized, I’m told is now standard even though they are not fitted to the demo model. They are also fitting the Coast to Coast tank gauges.

Other than that, we have an extra power point to the right of the stove for our coffee machine and another 12v socket under the dinette seat. The battery is also to be shifted to under the dinette seat.

Delivery is not scheduled until Oct/Nov but I have not done anything about putting the 14’ Expanda up for sale as I want to use it for Cameron Corner but if someone does want it I guess I would have to sell it. :( I might put it in the for sale thread later in the month to see if anyone is interested.