Lara's 16.49-1 OB

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Wow... I can't believe you have done that with just a normal sewing machine.
i would have thought the fabric would have been too thick.

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Wow... I can't believe you have done that with just a normal sewing machine.
i would have thought the fabric would have been too thick.

I cant believe I've done it, let alone the sewing machine! Had to buy upholstery needles and upholstery thread. There's no way a standard needle was gonna do the job that's for sure.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Very professional looking job Lara, you should be proud, I'd keep your sisters machine if I were you! :)

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Very professional looking job Lara, you should be proud, I'd keep your sisters machine if I were you! :)

Thanks Burnsy! My girls starting dropping hints that they might be getting me a sewing machine of my own for my birthday. I quickly put a stop to that, I don't want to see another sewing machine on my dining table ever again! Seriously!

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Great work Lara

Has your other half got ya making surfboard covers yet after seeing your great talents on the Expanda seats:D

Ha, thats never gonna happen Skippy! I'm trying to make him say goodbye to some boards and covers, and that's not happening either! Between him and my girls there's 8 short boards and 2 SUP's in the garage.
Funny, he's like me. I buy new clothes, sneak them into the wardrobe and say I've had them for ages, and he does the same with surfboards. All of a sudden there's a new board in the garage that apparently he's had for ages!!!

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Better to collect surfboards than have some other habit. besides, 10 isn't that many.....

Dont get me wrong, it's a great sport, and you'll never find me keeping him out of the water, I'm all for it!
but when you can only get one car in a double garage..........

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Excellent job Lara

Are you going to apply a fabric protector when its all done?

I'm one step ahead of you CD! I scotch guarded all the fabric before I even began sewing. I figured that was the best time to do it, because once it's all sewn it would have been difficult to get it into some of the folds in the backrest! Had to apply 2 coats and went through 5 cans of scotch guard!

Reactions: Burnsy

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Lara, I can only get one car in the double garage and we don't surf!!!

Yeah, I have to admit its not just the surfboards stopping us getting 2 cars in the garage, there's also bikes, tools, second fridge etc.
But parking in Manly is a nightmare at the best of times, and we don't even have a driveway to park on. Would be great to get both cars off the street, but I've resigned myself to the fact that that will never happen!