Lara's 16.49-1 OB

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
2 backrests down, 1 to go........Then onto the bottom cushions!
Told you this is taking forever........

image.jpg

Reactions: Tayla and Stan53

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Hey Lara ... haven't had an update for a while - how is the reupholstering going???

Hi there jacbaz, it's going good, but slooooow...... But then again there are days and days when I don't touch it at all because it is so fiddly and time consuming. Still having days when I want to run over the sewing machine with a truck! But also having days when I'm insanely proud of myself for learning a new skill!!!
All 3 backrests and 1 bottom cushion are now complete. So only 3 bottom cushions to go! Phew......
Will post some pics tomorrow of my progress!

Reactions: jacbaz

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
This is what my life has turned into at the moment! I'm looking forward to reclaiming my dining table and happily handing back the sewing machine to my sister. Hadn't sewed anything in my 35 years, and hope it's another 35 years before I sew again!

image.jpg

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
This is what my life has turned into at the moment! I'm looking forward to reclaiming my dining table and happily handing back the sewing machine to my sister. Hadn't sewed anything in my 35 years, and hope it's another 35 years before I sew again!
View attachment 13953
Great effort, Lara. The sewing machine is always out at our house. Mrs XF and youngest daughter are into making patchwork quilts at present. Daughter who previously showed little inclination for sewing (easier to let mum do it) now has her own machine at her home. Latest sewing machine "mod" is a "walking foot" thingy. Makes job a bit easier with multy layered sewing apparently.

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Great effort, Lara. The sewing machine is always out at our house. Mrs XF and youngest daughter are into making patchwork quilts at present. Daughter who previously showed little inclination for sewing (easier to let mum do it) now has her own machine at her home. Latest sewing machine "mod" is a "walking foot" thingy. Makes job a bit easier with multy layered sewing apparently.

Ha, If my Mum sewed I probably would've thrown it all at her by now too!!!

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
As promised heres a couple pics of my upholstery progress so far!
I managed to finish another bottom cushion today, so only the 2 bottom corners left to go. I have reused the vinyl bottom, velcro and zippers from the original base cushions and its all coming together and looking really very good.

Still have to decide whether to do the buttons on the bottom cushions or not..... I think yes because it pulls the fabric down at the knee hump in the foam, Andrew thinks no because he prefers the way it looks with no buttons....... We'll see!

IMG_0194.jpg IMG_0196.jpg IMG_0198.jpg IMG_0221.jpg

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
So now Andrew's a sewing/upholstery expert is he. :barbershop_quartet_member: When the fabric stretches a bit and wrinkles where he sits he might change his tune.

Reactions: Lara