Jeep and Expanda

Aug 29, 2013
Warradale SA
When we bought our 17.56 we were looking at a 18.57 with triple bunks but were warned off by the dealer as he said they were a little claustrophobic/cramped due to the bunk above. I would like to here owners thoughts on this as we now have a 4th kid and we are considering to a three bunk van...

Congrats on the purchase of the Jeep @Kev they are becoming rather popular in the towing community!
Hubble80,

I was a submariner for 7 years, that's plenty of room for a kid, you can swing a cat in there.

Gavin

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
When we bought our 17.56 we were looking at a 18.57 with triple bunks but were warned off by the dealer as he said they were a little claustrophobic/cramped due to the bunk above. I would like to here owners thoughts on this as we now have a 4th kid and we are considering to a three bunk van...

Congrats on the purchase of the Jeep @Kev they are becoming rather popular in the towing community!

Hi @Hubble80 I think you have the right van for your 4 kids. Two in the rear expanda bed, and one in each bunk. Where would you sleep the 4th in a three bunk van? You don't want to be converting the dining table each night.
The only other van I can think of is the 18.57-9 which is a full heigh version of what you already have, but with an extra 300mm length in the kitchen area.

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
We were thinking of a 18.57-9 and getting the triple bunks in that. We have the dining table converted at the moment as the baby is still in a cot and sits in between seat cushions perfectly, other kids are as they were previously. As the twins (currently 3yo) get older they will want their own bed, hence the look at upgrading. We have never actually seen a triple bunk Jayco in the flesh so have no basis for comparison.