Jeep and Expanda

Kev

Sep 21, 2013
Updated the Kluger to a limited jeep GC.
Better than expectations.

Time to upgrade to a bigger van. Any suggestions. Wanting bunks and toilet shower.
image.jpg

Reactions: Patto and SilverFox

Adam G

Jul 28, 2013
How about the 20-63.1?

I've got one and am really happy with it. Triple bunks up the back, queen up the front in the fold out section, a separate toilet and shower and with the slide out option a massive club lounge.

Kev

Sep 21, 2013
How about the 20-63.1?
Looks great, any issues or thoughts on triple bunks? Thinking going double so the girls have more room to sit up.

I've got one and am really happy with it. Triple bunks up the back, queen up the front in the fold out section, a separate toilet and shower and with the slide out option a massive club lounge.
Looks good

greynt

Dec 15, 2012
Yarra Valley
G'day @Kev, we are picking up our 20.62-3OB this coming weekend and really looking forward to it. There are a couple of others with Jeeps towing them. Seem to be a perfect fit for each other. Are you still looking at a panda or something else?
Cheers
greynt

Kev

Sep 21, 2013
Open to anything, the expanda has been great until now. Kids getting bigger and next step is the bunks.
Good luck with the big unit.

Kev

Sep 21, 2013
Looks impressive. Hope to get to a caravan show in Bendigo and ave ours sold by Nov. cheers

Kev

Sep 21, 2013
Hope all goes well Kev! Don't forget about the wait for a newwy if your already booked in for Christmas.
Yep, come to the fact that Christmas camping is out this year. Cancelled site already.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Ah a Jeep, great choice, in fact the wife is trying to convince me to trade mine in on the latest model (go figure) I am doing my best not to argue, due for a service this week so lets just see what happens would love the 8 speed, but saying that ours tows beautifully as it is.
Good luck choosing a new van.Cheers
Dave

Reactions: Kev

Patto

Jul 14, 2013
Perth
Hi @Kev, nice looking vehicle - We've just bought a My14 JGC and has been great for the first couple of weeks. Picking up our new Van next month and looking forward to seeing how it tows. Cheers Patto

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Kevin
Just sold our 16.49-2 OB and have on order a Starcraft 20.62-3 outback with built in bunks to the rear and single beds up front.
The built in bunks allow for an inner spring mattress to fit and have a little more storage and will remain made up the whole time. They also have a little more storage and lights. Our bikes travel on the roof of the car and while the storage option was attractive with the extra offside door and fold down bunks, the whole idea was to have a van ready to go.
The single beds up front mean we maintain what we loved about the Expanda - floor space front to rear for when everyone is up and about. It also means I can travel with a mate and his kid(s) and have a range of sleeping options which includes another mattress on the floor if we choose.
Shower and toilet too of course.
Other extras include solar, extra hatches at the rear and extra drawers under the bunks and under the dinette. We also added a drop down table.
Can't wait.
And the CRD MY14 Jeep Grand Cherokee is now 2000 km old and nicely run in for the new van. Love it.
As a Jayco, it will hold its value too.
Cheers
Andrew

Last edited:

Kev

Sep 21, 2013
Hi @Kev, nice looking vehicle - We've just bought a My14 JGC and has been great for the first couple of weeks. Picking up our new Van next month and looking forward to seeing how it tows. Cheers Patto

Ours tows like a dream, 2013 model but could not wait for the new model. Time over again I would wait. But I don't even know the van is behind it. 8 speed will eat it up not the fuel though.

Kev

Sep 21, 2013
Kevin
Just sold our 16.49-2 OB and have on order a Starcraft 20.62-3 outback with built in bunks to the rear and single beds up front.
The built in bunks allow for an inner spring mattress to fit and have a little more storage and will remain made up the whole time. They also have a little more storage and lights. Our bikes travel on the roof of the car and while the storage option was attractive with the extra offside door and fold down bunks, the whole idea was to have a van ready to go.
The single beds up front mean we maintain what we loved about the Expanda - floor space front to rear for when everyone is up and about. It also means I can travel with a mate and his kid(s) and have a range of sleeping options which includes another mattress on the floor if we choose.
Shower and toilet too of course.
Other extras include solar, extra hatches at the rear and extra drawers under the bunks and under the dinette. We also added a drop down table.
Can't wait.
And the CRD MY14 Jeep Grand Cherokee is now 2000 km old and nicely run in for the new van. Love it.
As a Jayco, it will hold its value too.
Cheers
Andrew
Andrew
Gotta love this set up. Will keep you posted on what we come up with. Like the sleep options.

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
20/63-1 great van triple bunks sep shower and toilet large club lounge we love it well worth a look if you want to go that big

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
When we bought our 17.56 we were looking at a 18.57 with triple bunks but were warned off by the dealer as he said they were a little claustrophobic/cramped due to the bunk above. I would like to here owners thoughts on this as we now have a 4th kid and we are considering to a three bunk van...

Congrats on the purchase of the Jeep @Kev they are becoming rather popular in the towing community!