Just Browsing Jayco bed end covers

burnsie

Jan 29, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
hmm, getting mine installed by the dealer at the moment before picking up the van in the next few weeks, am hoping they install the plastic strips under the seals on the inside and also sort out other fitting issues, another task to add to the handover checklist.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I've only fitted my front one as yet and I've spoke to my dealer and told them I'm not happy with the extension straps they supplied as there is still a gap and for them to be supplying them that's admitting there is a problem, I've requested to have the flies modified with a extension sewn on each side of the fly so there is no gap, will see how I go.
Id be very interested in that outcome

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Sorry to be a bit dim but what are the extension straps?

Our bed end covers were fitted before we took delivery and not used so far but tried them and, apart from not realising there were two different sizes (clearly marked as we discovered later) they seemed ok.

Not tested as yet but if they need extension straps then I'd rather know now that get wet later.
The BEF are not quite long enough and are tight (if not impossible) to the reach the body where the press studs are fitted, so they started adding 50mm pieces of webbing strap with press studs at each end .... they bridge the gap between the BEF and the press studs on the van

Not all BEF came with the little straps, i presume the earlier ones before the knuckle heads where told none were long enough

Just ring them and they should post them out to you

Reactions: dagree

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Was one of the first to get the bed end covers in Perth and definitely no extension straps supplied back then.... Luckily didn't need them for ours (Must have been made on a day other than Monday or Friday) ;)

GUlewis

Feb 6, 2013
Perth
image.jpg

The parts guys said I may or may not require the straps as it turns out I don't need them on the front but the rear I will as there is no way it will reach the body if the studs were installed as originally planned but just tried them on the privacy ones front and back and seem to clip on perfectly, bit of rough weather will determine whether this is the go or not, just means I'll have to do what Dagree has done and use four or five press studs either side.

GUlewis

Feb 6, 2013
Perth
Where about's do you guys store them while traveling? Thinking of trying to strap them to the bed bases.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Sorry to be a bit dim but what are the extension straps?

Our bed end covers were fitted before we took delivery and not used so far but tried them and, apart from not realising there were two different sizes (clearly marked as we discovered later) they seemed ok.

Not tested as yet but if they need extension straps then I'd rather know now that get wet later.

I fitted mine, and don't have any straps