How did you come to choose your Username?

dakky68

Nov 19, 2013
Newcastle
Mine came about during my apprenticeship and is a shot at my surname 'Mapstone'. :drum:
I realise this post is years old, but it reminded me of a girl I went to school with who had the surname Cockburn - one wit came up with the nickname PenisSinge. Poor girl, haha.

Reactions: Paul

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
From when I was 4 years old doing skids in the dirt on my bike was my proudest achievement. "Hey Dad! Come look at my big skiddy!"

I then created this username on a Mountain Bike Forum and use it on this and another site.

Sorry no deliberate reference to one's underpants.

Moore Family

Jun 18, 2014
SE Queensland
We just brought our first van because we want the kids to grow up and really know their own country and just how awesome it is.
We want to involve them in all aspects of travel/ camping, setup, pack down, towing, fishing, fires and the community it brings.
We chose our nick name together as a family (hence the name :) ) while we were all researching which jayco to buy....

Bards

May 3, 2014
Blue Mountains
We'll, I was wondering how I change my username as, during set up i didn't realise that it was the user name, I just saw name.
@cruza driver maybe you could help, would not mind Bards! It's what I got at school for 6 years.

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
I chose @Marv_mart as I have had a long fascination with Marvin The Martian from Warner Bros. My kids just kept on giving me Marv-Mart ties, coffee mugs, T-Shirts and now I have quite a large collection that I probably can never get to wear. My little Marv is velcroed onto my BT50 Dashboard and has circled Australia with us.
I haven't worn a tie now for over 4 years since retirement!
Being a long time Scuba Diver and under water photographer, my pandas spare wheel cover has a Leafy Sea Dragon monogrammed onto it from a photo I took at Rapid Bay Jetty several years ago, hence the Panda is called Sea Dragon
(Updated this post, have changed my avatar to suit and ditched my old underwater photographer turtle)
Phew!

Last edited:

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
I was still half cut one Sunday morning watching the V8s with my brother. I cracked silly school boy crack at one of the blokes names, which included Smergen. It was just a bunch on noise I made up on the spot.

For some strange reason, it stuck.

Reactions: blacky

Terps

Mar 24, 2014
My user name comes from my school days, knick name abbreviated from my surname Terpstra.

Reactions: blacky