Exterior Hose storage

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
25mm for ours... And my Mrs reckons I should have shares by now at that Big Green Shed :greedy_dollars:... Damn hard to stay away when they build a new one less than 1 km away :ballchain:

Yep... I was thinking the 13mm fixtures... As for shares, I reckon I'd be at least entitled to my own car spot... It's a shame they don't have a customer reward program... It'd be the only shop I'd spend enough at to get value out of!

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
Yep... I was thinking the 13mm fixtures... As for shares, I reckon I'd be at least entitled to my own car spot... It's a shame they don't have a customer reward program... It'd be the only shop I'd spend enough at to get value out of!
just to let you know if you have an ABN/ registered business, you can get a power pass card which entitles you to discounts off nearly all purchases, the discounts vary according to product, but if your there enough through out the year it adds up.
we just reno'd our laundry and even got discounts on special orders, i.e. the bench top.

Jul 4, 2014
Engadine
I did the same as Colin & Sue. Cut my 10m into 5 2 metre lengths with a joiner on each one. Only use as many as required.

You can see the PVC pipes at the rear end.
View attachment 23799
Off subject but I couldn't help but notice your bed end flys, are they Kakadu ones? The local installer says he can hook me up with some fitted next Monday. just wondering what you thought of them

BruceD

Jun 12, 2013
Canberra
They are the Holiday Annexes ones. They are great, should be standard on Expanda models. A bit expensive. I fitted them myself, the pack included everything except the rivet gun. Instructions were very good.

Reactions: Matthew keough
Jul 4, 2014
Engadine
They are the Holiday Annexes ones. They are great, should be standard on Expanda models. A bit expensive. I fitted them myself, the pack included everything except the rivet gun. Instructions were very good.
Cheers mate, are they canvas similar to the bed flys or vinyl?

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Have a 4m waterhose stored in my rear bumper. Still have another 26m in the boot, but I'm yet to have a need for more than 4m.

Sullage hose rolled inside spare wheel with cover over it.
1405915417865.jpg1405915583404.jpg

Reactions: Smergen

Nagga's

Sep 23, 2013
The Sunny Pilbara WA
Reactions: dagree

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
I did the same as Colin & Sue. Cut my 10m into 5 2 metre lengths with a joiner on each one. Only use as many as required.

You can see the PVC pipes at the rear end.
View attachment 23799
What do you guys use as connectors, I can never seem to find something suitable to
A) connect hose to outlet point and
B) connect bits of hose together

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Hi Big Al
I have 2 x 4.2 metre lenghts in the chassis rail on the left hand side. The chassis rail on the right side is full of screws for all the pipe brackets. They sit on top of each other and slide in and out real easy with a joiner on one pipe.
Hope this is some help. Cheers
View attachment 23817
What do you use to cap your chassis rail so that nothing falls out?
My rail is cut at about 45o and would like to use the space but need to be able to cap the ends
Marv

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
@Nagga's

View attachment 23839
We currently use one of these but they are a pain in the proverbial to fit and remove once fitted

View attachment 23840 View attachment 23841

Thinking about getting one each of these and fit them to either end of all hoses... No need to try and remove them once fitted !!!!!
They don't seem to be the right size for standard sullage hoses. My hose are ~28mm internal.
I currently use a sort of rubber adaptor that I cut from a washing machine hose adaptor. Was cone shaped with a tube like end. Seems to work but the sullage hose does fall out to bit too easily. I use three different lengths depending on need that are supposed to jam in the end of that adaptor but would like something more secure.
image.jpg Marv

Last edited:
Reactions: dagree

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
They don't seem to be the right size for standard sullage hoses. My hose are ~28mm internal.
They are a super tight fit in our hoses... Not sure of the I.D. but with a block of wood and a hammer they eventually get in there :whip: hence the idea of the screwed fittings!!