17' Series Hello from Turners

Heidi at

May 15, 2014
Werribee, Victoria
Thought I should introduce myself after as I will now be joining the expander clan. I wanted to firstly thank everyone for their advice and posts I just love this forum and I am constantly telling my husband about things listed here including the stories and jokes. We are located in Victoria, family of 6 with 11, 7 year old boys and 5 yr old boy/girl twins - we finally ordered our van from Geelong today after many months of research. Went with the 17.56-1 touring model with a lot of extras thanks to all the advice on this forum, we won't be picking up till late nov so plenty to organise between now and then. Heading off around Australia for 6 months around Easter next year so our van will be getting lots of use. Next on our to do list will be the car to tow the van and in the meantime I am compiling a list of mods and thing to purchase for the new van when it arrives.

Dandy

Jan 18, 2014
Welcome to another 17! perfect accommodation for your clan. Great timing with the pick up coming into summer!

Reactions: Heidi at

Heidi at

May 15, 2014
Werribee, Victoria
[QUOTE
Congrats and welcome to the forum. What is on the short list for tow vehicle choice? Pace.
Not sure as yet that is next on our research list, think we have a budget of around 30k so it will have to be something second hand but preferably not older than 2008 or 2009.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
We have a Land Rover Discovery very nice to drive as family car although not cheap on fuel towing as V6 Petrol we have been averaging around 18~.
I have been looking to see if I upgrade the Mini for a diesel 7 seater so use as second car that fits the whole family and something cheaper to tow with fuel wise. I have been thinking around $25k? Which rules our another Disco unless I want 200k on the clock.
I want split rear seats and rather not go Kia/Hyundai.
So looking Prado,Patrol or Pathfinder. Have mates with Prado and Pathy so they each trying to sway me :) Pathfinders are normally the cheaper option. Seen a few fits under $25k

carpanda

Jul 15, 2014
Sydney, NSW
:cheer2: Yay another 17 series! I'm new to the site as well and hubby and I are waiting on our 17.56-2. We get ours end of August. Sounds like a great trip your taking :)

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Welcome @Heidi at
Family of 6 sounds fun! I sometimes wish out no.3 child was a twin!
@relgate We got that wish granted. Lucky it was for our third as when I meet people at twins club who get lucky first time I do not know how they did it. The people with triplets and can still keep awake are amazing :)
As they are not three yet all they will ever know is caravaning with mum and dad.

We went to look at a Pathfinder today although it was sold then looked at new cars I should not off looked at..

Reactions: relgate

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Welcome to the forum @Heidi at... Great source of info this place. Good luck with the search for a vehicle... Don't envy you with the twins that's for sure! We went with the cheap Paj secondhander as our big trip isn't for a few years. We'll be upgrading for that trip but might be ditching the 7 seat requirement when that happens as it's only for the school run and inlaws when they are in town.