Hard Lid Cracking

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
X 3.
Hey Bigman, did you get your hard lid replaced. I've noticed a slight bubble forming on my rear lid. First saw it whilst applying my Expanda Forum sticker. It's left of the Expanda E.

Sorry Deano... missed that one. Yes it got replaced and they missed out the sticker (out of stock) but my pop top skirt and lid are getting replaced in the new year due to the bow in the middle. I didn't ask for it to be replaced I only wanted the lift shift to the left side fixed, but they found that and ordered a new one, so me no complain...

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
Sorry Deano... missed that one. Yes it got replaced and they missed out the sticker (out of stock) but my pop top skirt and lid are getting replaced in the new year due to the bow in the middle. I didn't ask for it to be replaced I only wanted the lift shift to the left side fixed, but they found that and ordered a new one, so me no complain...

BM, with our new, we got the 2012 new convex curved roof installed, ask to see if you'll be supplied the same?? oh, it came with full LED lighting throughout standard fitment too. Cheers Pace.

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
The Boat Builder who warned me of this said it occurs if moisture gets into the manufacturing process.

Don't sweat it.....Jayco replaced it without question. It just took time for them to get them made and for Bayswater and myself to find a suitable date to do it.

One thing I'll say about Jayco, they are good with warranty jobs.

In fact when our Eagle broke the manual water pump tap it was out of warranty but Jayco still replaced it on the grounds that a 2 year old tap that doesn't get used every day shouldn't break.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
A few people have had bubbles etc in the fibreglass on the forum and they repaired it.

I think from memory chartrock had something like this but on the roof??

I had cracks in the roof which was repaired by cutting out the section and reglassing then doing 'two pack' across the whole roof. But at the same time they found the driver side wall was delaminating above the heater vent so this was also cut out and two pack done over the whole side and new decals applied. Happy with the finished result.

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
I just had Hard lids replaced under Warranty and the new one have those same cracks as in the first post on this thread - Pretty much from install so you could say they are manufactured with those cracks on purpose to allow for flex :) .... Anyway not to concerned about them, just sent Jayco an email so that its on record as being there for new so that if they ever get worse post warranty then I can go back.

Brettmc

Oct 18, 2012
Perth
hey must have a bad batch or poor manufacturing process, i picked mine up on the 20 Feb and have only towed it from the dealer to hame (about 20 Klm) and both ends are cracking in the corners. :(
hardlidcrack_zpsf5424d1d.jpg

Attachments

• hardlidcrack_zpsf5424d1d.jpg
    hardlidcrack_zpsf5424d1d.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 158