Electrical Fridge Fan

facemir

May 7, 2017
Gold Coast, Australia
I have a Thetford N3185A fridge in a 2017 18.58-2
This fridge comes with a factory fitted 2 speed fan with a switch on the front of the fridge. When the fan is switched on either speed it sounds like a jet engine running. Does anybody else have this same "problem".

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
We have the same fridge.....you can certainly hear the fan but not nearly as loud as a jet engine.

You might have something loose the the fan blades are hitting.

Reactions: mikerezny

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
I'd just get the existing one checked....ours, as said, is fine.

That'd be easier than changing the fans.

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
I might try fitting a "quiet" computer fan, if I can figure out how to acccess the existing fan.

Hi @facemir , is the noise from your fans caused by airflow (number/angle of fan blades) or from the small electric motors that drive the fan blades?? I have installed in my Penguin 2 X 120mm fans which each move 92 cubic feet/minute (quoted by seller) - that's a bloody lot of air!!! - and I can hardly hear them when they are running. Only cost me about $3.50 each on Ebay too. If you replace fans, make sure that they have the capacity to move the required amount of air you need, otherwise you may find your cooling is not as good as before/should be. Also check at what speed the fan runs. The lower the speed the better as long as airflow is sufficient. I think mine run at 2400 rpm and only draw 0.25 A each. I am sure you can do better than what you have now!!! IMHO.

Reactions: mikerezny