Foxtel GO or Mobile Foxtel Airplay & AppleTV

Gadgets 21.63.1

aka - adam 18.57.9
Jun 29, 2013
mornington peninsula victoria
www.bifolds.co
this circuit will take 12 volts in - and deliver 5 volts out. must use a small heatsink and will only deliver 1 amp.
12 to 5.jpg

Reactions: Brad

Gadgets 21.63.1

aka - adam 18.57.9
Jun 29, 2013
www.bifolds.co
try not to change any of the compenent values. the larger caps are just to stable the voltage, the smaller cap c4 is high freq protection. the zd1 sets the 12 volts, you can change this to another value, which will change the voltage.

small plastic box would be fine, with ventilation holes at each end, and maybe using the metal lid as the heatsink. i would then put 2 leds on the circuit to show that both outputs are working fine.

Gadgets 21.63.1

aka - adam 18.57.9
Jun 29, 2013
www.bifolds.co
yep, i have not said anything about this - as i really dont bother about jailbreaking devices. not much to gain, and lots to loose from it. sat is really the best way to go. but the new updated app for foxtel now alloys unto 3 devices instead of 2 devices.

the other option is a emulator for pc or mac, which you can install the app onto your computer via the emulator and use a external monitor to view the image. lot of work when really a foxtel dish is the best. not forgetting that 3g does not always woprk in remote areas, and when it does it has a limited bandwidth from the exchange and again will not alloy proper video streaming.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
They are also getting ready ro release Android version on Samsung devices any day now. Android has been about 6 months behind.

EDIT> Foxtel Android has now been released on limited Samsung devices. It only works on a select few models (not mine) and only available thru the Samsung App store.

Android is soo painful.

Geoff

Mike7

Nov 10, 2011
Cant understand why they don't allow you to watch foxtel on any type of display you choose. Youve already paid for the content thru your subscription so foxtel arnt losing out. No different to say you connecting 5 TV's to the one foxtel box if that floats your boat. you are still only watching the one channel on 5 displays.

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
Cant understand why they don't allow you to watch foxtel on any type of display you choose. Youve already paid for the content thru your subscription so foxtel arnt losing out. No different to say you connecting 5 TV's to the one foxtel box if that floats your boat. you are still only watching the one channel on 5 displays.
They think that it will deter people from doing what I am.
I use my brother in law's foxtel account but I can only watch his foxtel on my ipad/iPhone. If I want to watch it on my TV, I'll have to get my own subscription.
I only really need it to watch the footy while overseas on business, so is great for me.

Mike7

Nov 10, 2011
G'day Brad,

How do you make it work overseas? I'd love that as I spend a lot of time outside Oz. I've tried to watch foxtel go on the ipad but it always comes up with a message telling me I can't use it overseas.

Soaring

Jan 30, 2013
Melbourne - Eltham
G'day Brad,

How do you make it work overseas? I'd love that as I spend a lot of time outside Oz. I've tried to watch foxtel go on the ipad but it always comes up with a message telling me I can't use it overseas.
Havent tried it yet. I'm heading to Thailand next Monday, so I'll try it out.

CJ1177

Jan 28, 2013
Newcastle
www.facebook.com
Havent tried it yet. I'm heading to Thailand next Monday, so I'll try it out.
Will it work to turn the location services off before you go, so the app doesn't know where you are when you're in Thailand?
It might pay to give it a go shortly, to see if the App requires to know your location to work.