First stop - Hello!

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
Spot on Drover Shoalhaven/Ulladulla great area beautiful place. Been staying at Burrill Lake for a few years now (beach side) so looking forward to Friday just hoping the weather holds up. Raining Here ATM.

On another note selling van soon once we move into the house.
What your thoughts on 18 expanda (touring) with ensuit being pulled by Falcon Turbo (modded) the maximum tow weight 2300kg.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
You could be pushing it but then I have a mate from Echuca who tows his 18ft van up to Elliot Heads every year with his Calais, old style with grunt and he has no dramas.......................really depends how it sits on the road and feels not withstanding the techo weight BS which is actually guess work.

We could end up down there sometime next year, so might say Hi on our way to Sussex or maybe from depends which way we go.......................

Reactions: bigcol

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
It would be very close guess I'll have to take all my hitch stuff and see if the caravan yard will let me have a test drive.
A 17 is only 100kg less.

Yeah mate for sure.
Been dropping hints to the wife we should do a Qld's trip. Also wouldn't mind a NT trip one day.

Reactions: Drover and bigcol

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
Still away and wish I never have to go back. I could and would be happy to live like this........no stress.
Van park (BURRILL LAKE HOLIDAY HAVEN TOURIST PARK) is great they have planned events on each day for the kids which is great keeps them busy while whilst we sit back at relax.
We have a ensuit site and is awesome. Water pressure is excellent.
20160924_171627_zps5neh95eb.jpg

20160924_072410_zpshnltczsi.jpg

Just an afternoon snack
20160925_152646_zpsdieoynlk.jpg

Dinner the other night, Pork Ribs in Smoky BBQ Sauce.........eating like kings
20160925_173048_zpsr83j86iw.jpg

Got given this the other day when in town needed a new bottle of Makers Mark. Yet to try it out.
20160925_142914_zpsne7djr7k.jpg

We have extended our holidays by another 2 days and will be staying at Culburra Beach on the way home.......YA!!
Happy Camper

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
Well we're back..........:(

Just a quick run down on our last stop for 2 days to meet up with friends. We stayed at Culburra Beach Holiday Park and never again.
The sites where big in width (van,awing and car) but not in length (our site) and on a downward slop. Getting it into the site was very tight as the roads are only wide enough for one car.
To the stay shocking, we had a permanent resident opposite us and every little thing you did you were getting watched and not to say the least very heavy smokers. We were unable to open our van or sit outside it was that bad. Saying that there was quite a lot of smokers in the park.
So first thing this morning 8am........GONE!!
Just couldn't relax and enjoy the last few days before heading home today.
I wont go back again.

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
Howdy all hope everyone is doing ok.
Been super busy with the house and MOVING IN, YA!! it only took 2.5 years and 16 months from the builder (not recommended)
Now all the fun on the out side starts.
Here are some pics.
20161108_182745_zpstfllyrij.jpg

20161108_174246_zpslctsyhpv.jpg

I was hoping i would have enough room for a Out Back van later on but looks like I'll be staying with a touring

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
What a luxurious caravan parking area!

except for the height.

Have fun with the settling in....

Reactions: caax

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
That looks bloody brilliant...:clap2:................I can imagine the joy of moving in after all that time makes my 4 mth build seem a doddle but isn't it great to sit back in a new place.........8-).......I now go to markets and garage sales looking for plants of all things..............

Have a marvelous time....

Ian....

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
Howdy all.
Gave the van a really good wash and clean yesterday and the front fold out lid has gone cloudy. That white powder/chalky stuff when you run your hand over it. I've just clay bar the lid, it's removed the chalky stuff. I have Meguiars Fiberglass Polish just for the van but doesn't seem to be doing the job.
Any recommendations on a good polish. Using a machine.

EDIT - Just done the whole lid turn out ok. Has a few watermarks still.

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Give it another good wash then a good polish up again, it will take a couple of polish ups to get the lustre back, I really liked the Septone Fibreglass Polish, once I got the surface polished up it was easier to keep good, I wouldn't use a polisher on the fibreglass surface myself. Ages back my lid took a lot of work to get back up to a shine, at least four good hand buff ups with a few days inbetween, polish it up then leave alone, hose and chammois down and polish back up again...

Reactions: bigcol

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
@Drover Thanks mate.

I've stop for today and will go out tomorrow and get something better. A rewash then reapply the new stuff.
Getting it ready for my trip up north in early Feb to South West Rocks.Cant wait.

Reactions: bigcol and Bluey

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The Maguires should do the job, it's usually good stuff...the Septone Fibreglass Repair and Polish I think it's called about $15 at BCF etc but I'd keep using the Mag's til it runs out, ripp up a towel though for polish cloth, can't beat it, nappies used to be the best but then cloth ones were in the analogue days....................................I think the stuff just needs to soak in because once I'd worked mine back to life it was really good even after roadworks, my lid was on the back and copped a caning.

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
All Done!!
The van turned out ok, still can see some water marks on the front lid but it's no longer chalky. I ended up doing the whole van looks great.
Today I did the car a complete detail.
All this for my trip north.

Who else gives the Van and Car a good clean before going away? Gotta look good on the road.

Last edited:

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Howdy all hope everyone is doing ok.
Been super busy with the house and MOVING IN, YA!! it only took 2.5 years and 16 months from the builder (not recommended)
Now all the fun on the out side starts.
Here are some pics.
20161108_182745_zpstfllyrij.jpg

20161108_174246_zpslctsyhpv.jpg

I was hoping i would have enough room for a Out Back van later on but looks like I'll be staying with a touring
A garage that fits van and car, sooooooo! jealous.:D

SMJ x2

Apr 12, 2015
PERTH
I am guilty.
I spent 2 days last week cleaning the van,rearanging everything ,restocking etc for our week away starting yesterday for it to rain for 2 days.Lucky the car hadn't got its wash yet.Trip postponed until next week so still get a chance to wash the car.