First stop - Hello!

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
Ill keep at it tomorrow and if not i think ill have to dig into my wallet. Plus they can do some other stuff whilst its there.

Thanks for your help anyway mate.

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
Not caravan related but had to share as im SOOOOOO excited. Work has started on my new house. It's taken around 17 months to get to this point with some hiccups along the way.
A custom garage so im able to park the van inside the garage.

20151102_102201_zps0jzdcmzl.jpg

Last edited:

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Seen my fridge removed they undid all screws at front and just pulled out .. gas line is at front once its out a bit can access that maybe lift a bit to get it over the edge at the bottom ?????????

Reactions: bigcol and caax

The Goodwins

Jan 29, 2014
Wellington Point
www.facebook.com

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
Thanks mate dont need much egging on been looking for a bigger van around 18" but to do that ill need a new tow car.
Anyway all that work on the garage for the van might be waste of time.
Thanks to a gun ho excavation operator (the owner) last Friday he couldn't wait for the engineer to come and started cutting more of the wall away.
This resulted in part of the wall to collapsed and then all of the wall collapsed bring down next door neighbour fence.
The builder is trying to at lay the cost to me, don't think so.
It got even better on Tuesday lunch time when a friendly visit from Workcover. They automatically closed the site down and no further work was allowed. Lucky for the builder he was not onsite. For work to continue the builder will need new engineer reports and a Geo Tech report.
Work start up again today. All this for a caravan plus a big garage/man cave
Here is some pics

When i first got there
excavation_zpsu6owjhpm.jpg

5min later
excavation-4_zpslowkrmbu.jpg

excavation-3_zpsbzkd7etg.jpg

Workcover man
Block%20Work%20Steel-14_zpsab37wbll.jpg

Todays work - 1500 core hole, steel beam
Block%20Work%20Steel-15_zpstk9ztl4n.jpg

Block%20Work%20Steel-19_zpsmsgxaeyd.jpg

The timber will go in between the steel beams
Block%20Work%20Steel-20_zpsnfmgnryy.jpg

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Thanks mate dont need much egging on been looking for a bigger van around 18" but to do that ill need a new tow car.
Thanks to a gun ho excavation operator (the owner) last Friday he couldn't wait for the engineer to come and started cutting more of the wall away.
This resulted in part of the wall to collapsed and then all of the wall collapsed bring down next door neighbour fence.
It got even better on Tuesday lunch time when a friendly visit from Workcover. They automatically closed the site down and no further work was allowed. Lucky for the builder he was not onsite. For work to continue the builder will need new engineer reports and a Geo Tech report.
Here is some pics

When i first got there

5min later

Workcover man

@Bluey you been doing cash jobs again............................................

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Not bad......be careful of these guys like @bigcol @dagree @Holden_man @chartrock @Bluey @crackacoldie @achjimmy @twscoot @expanda @mfexpanda they will just egg you on until you end up doing this

http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/the-great-brissie-expanda-shade-sail-storage-build.4602/

I blame them....not myself.....they just kept egging me on...........
apparently your Dingo is bigger than mine......:drum:

OIY you - I resemble that remark..................

dont believe him @caax (he is a Gov. employee.............. nuff said)
we just love to help................ truely

Reactions: The Goodwins

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Here is some pics

When i first got there

5min later

Workcover man

this goes to show how strong your retaining wall needs to be the stories I could tell if work safe are involved it should be done correct but mother nature will always find a way to work out our faults remember you have to live there not the crew building it so make sure your happy with all works are they putting a drain behind the wall for water build up I hate agi pipes as they fill with crap in a few years they don't work , I like pvc pipes with slits in it to catch water and can be cleaned out if needed , you must get the water away , im sure you know that or I hope they do , the power of water wet soil can be greater then the dark side of the force , they could put a few drains at different levels ?????// stabilised sand behind wall could be good sand mixed with concrete we use it a lot but you may need to pump it in no access for trucks to pour ,,,, don't cut corners they will come back to haunt you what are they doing about preventing rust in the steel ??????? they are building this to last forever any questions or worries go to your engineer hope hes not just out of school and knows his stuff may the force be with you !!!

caax

Oct 10, 2015
Wollongong
Thanks @Bluey some very helpful tips and ones that ill bring up with the builder and engineer. I have heard them say agi line behind the wall will question that and the steel no idea but again question to ask.

Sorry gone way off topic from the normal caravan talk. Ill keep everyone posted.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Agi pipe behind the wall is OK as long as it's prepped and installed right. Need to ensure there is appropriate geofabric membranes to stop the crap @Bluey is talking about. Without it, most drains are going to get clogged.

He's very right though... water will always win. It's relentless and never sleeps. You need a well founded and robust solution to deal with it. And if I was you (or particularly your neighbour) I'd be demanding to see it and have it explained to me in layman terms.

Do it right. Do it once.