Just Browsing First photos of new 2016 expanda mouldings

Sturah

Oct 29, 2015
BrisVegas
Hi @Sturah
Is there any update on your fridge problem, is it resolved?
John
It's still not fixed. They said it was I picked it up Friday arvo was working but when I got up sat morn it was 12dc. Trip has been f'd a bit by it but the fridge in the car is a massive help at this stage. Called Camperland this morning. No call back as yet. Great van but this puts a sour taste in your mouth that's hard to get out with warm beer. They offers to go and get a fridge and they would pay for it whilst we are still away. We just want the bloody fridge to work sick of throwing out food as not worth it after last weekend.

Unhappy customer at this stage

Pathfinder

Feb 29, 2016
Sth West Victoria
It's still not fixed. They said it was I picked it up Friday arvo was working but when I got up sat morn it was 12dc. Trip has been f'd a bit by it but the fridge in the car is a massive help at this stage. Called Camperland this morning. No call back as yet. Great van but this puts a sour taste in your mouth that's hard to get out with warm beer. They offers to go and get a fridge and they would pay for it whilst we are still away. We just want the bloody fridge to work sick of throwing out food as not worth it after last weekend.

Unhappy customer at this stage

Had our maiden voyage over easter to Robe - we have the 18.58-OB2. Fridge worked fine but TV and pump to refill the toilet cistern with water didn't. We didn't use the toilet but the test try failed! Have the van booked in to get these things fixed shortly.. Everything else was great including the washing machine.

I feel your pain Sturah! Great looking van and family very happy and will be even happier when these bugs get ironed out!

Reactions: Sturah and dagree

Sturah

Oct 29, 2015
BrisVegas
Had our maiden voyage over easter to Robe - we have the 18.58-OB2. Fridge worked fine but TV and pump to refill the toilet cistern with water didn't. We didn't use the toilet but the test try failed! Have the van booked in to get these things fixed shortly.. Everything else was great including the washing machine.

I feel your pain Sturah! Great looking van and family very happy and will be even happier when these bugs get ironed out!

Welcome to the site!!!!

Great news @Pathfinder they are a great van. We just need them to operate as per they were intended. This is our second trip and it's tough without a fridge as your guessing food so it just gets thrown out. Waeco is 5 years old and still going strong in the car.

Really interested in how your fridge operates. Mine has been in max setting on 240 and gas and I never get any ice build up on the fins? Can you please tell me how your operated. Setting gas/240 etc. our old Jayco ran for 5 years without a prob, dometic this one is a thetford.

Rusty02

Aug 16, 2015
Brisbane
Welcome to the site!!!!

Great news @Pathfinder they are a great van. We just need them to operate as per they were intended. This is our second trip and it's tough without a fridge as your guessing food so it just gets thrown out. Waeco is 5 years old and still going strong in the car.

Really interested in how your fridge operates. Mine has been in max setting on 240 and gas and I never get any ice build up on the fins? Can you please tell me how your operated. Setting gas/240 etc. our old Jayco ran for 5 years without a prob, dometic this one is a thetford.
I hope all is fixed soon for both of you. We are still waiting and have been told it hasn't even left Melbourne. 7 and half months, starting to loose faith, considering pulling our deposit and going to see what else is out there. Very frustrated

Reactions: Sturah

Rusty02

Aug 16, 2015
Brisbane
@Rusty02, you have had a bad run with all the delays. It is just as well the dealer has been looking after you but that is still not what you want. Any more info or updates?
We do apprieciate the loan vans but it is a pain to put stuff in, take it out, clean and polish the van ready to return. No update other than it hasn't' left Melbourne.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
We do apprieciate the loan vans but it is a pain to put stuff in, take it out, clean and polish the van ready to return. No update other than it hasn't' left Melbourne.
I can understand that, there is no way it would be fun packing it in to start then unpacking at the end. I think I might be foregoing the polish part of the exercise, just clean the inside and leave a "thank you" note on the table. :D

Jamcor

Feb 29, 2016
Qld
Rusty 02 you are a very patient person my friend u must of placed your order around sept i would b furious buy now considering they say a new van of production line every 20 mins that is unacceptable hope you get shortly

Rusty02

Aug 16, 2015
Brisbane
Rusty 02 you are a very patient person my friend u must of placed your order around sept i would b furious buy now considering they say a new van of production line every 20 mins that is unacceptable hope you get shortly
Jamcor, fast running out of patients. Placed the order in Mid August 2015, rejected the first van due to major issues in November. We then ordered another one November 2015 and here we are, still waiting!

Rusty02

Aug 16, 2015
Brisbane
Can i ask rusty 02 what was wrong with first van they delivered
Jamcor, one of the walls had been damaged and was bogged and painted. You could clearly see the patch job. The bottom of the door well was welded in on an angle so the door frame had a big gap on the corner. These were the big items that couldn't be fixed easily. We had a list of other things that were minor but the fact the wall had been hit makes the van second hand in my book. I called Jayco head office today and it has been despatched.

Sturah

Oct 29, 2015
BrisVegas
Agreed have a good look for things your not happy with. They were really good about all the bits that were not right.

Although they still have mine. Been there over a week this time. Still that bloody fridge

Sturah

Oct 29, 2015
BrisVegas
Mines booked in for 6 june to have roof vinyl replaced and roof aligned
Yeah mine has a tiny hole in it too. Although they had already ordered it prior so all good there. I called them today as my van is almost a month old and it has been back with them for 3 of those weeks. Grrrrrr