17' Series Expanda Newbies

Quadcam8

Mar 2, 2016
Hastings
Hi All,

We're picking up a new 2015 Expanda 17.56-2 Outback on Friday to replace a 2013 Swan Outback- which we've loved, but the set-up/ pack-up impacts time available for short weekend trips.

Looking forward to some great adventures in the new Expanda!

Cheers,

Rob & Klarissa

Hi Rob,
I'm just wondering how your 17 56 2 has been going for you? My wife and I and our 3 kids have ordered one and can't wait to set off on some adventures.
Regards Cam

Dominorob

Nov 9, 2015
Sydney Australia
Hi Rob,
I'm just wondering how your 17 56 2 has been going for you? My wife and I and our 3 kids have ordered one and can't wait to set off on some adventures.
Regards Cam

Hi Cam,

The Expanda has been going great. We've been away in it about 5 times since picking it up in November and heaps of trips booked for the year. We try for one weekend a month as we work a lot & don't get quality time with the kids during the week.
The kids love it & having their beds separate means they sleep better (5 & 3). We've had friends & family come to stay while we've been away in it- so 4 adults & 3 kids fitted fine for a couple of nights.
The van tows really well at proper highway speeds & is very comfortable for all.

The things we didn't think we wanted or needed- shower & toilet are the best. Saves so many trips to the park amenities & leaves us with more time to spend with the kids, relax & get out & about.

We've not yet free camped or gone off-road, but that'll happen later in the year. Gotta get a custom rear bumper made to take a dirt bike mount first. My 5 yo's bike fits inside the van fine.

Hope you get it soon- I'm sure you'll love it like we do! Have fun adventuring!

Cheers,

Rob

Quadcam8

Mar 2, 2016
Hastings
Hi Rob,
We are counting down the weeks until handover!! Hopefully their delivery dates stay on track, and it's not longer than anticipated. We d like to get out traveling as soon as possible.
Yes we think the toilet/shower will come in handy with little children.
We added a few extras but one I'm not entirely sure about yet is a bicycle rack. Where to put it ect...
We will be towing with a prado so no spare room on draw bar.
What are your thoughts?

Thanks Cam

Dominorob

Nov 9, 2015
Sydney Australia
Hi Rob,
We are counting down the weeks until handover!! Hopefully their delivery dates stay on track, and it's not longer than anticipated. We d like to get out traveling as soon as possible.
Yes we think the toilet/shower will come in handy with little children.
We added a few extras but one I'm not entirely sure about yet is a bicycle rack. Where to put it ect...
We will be towing with a prado so no spare room on draw bar.
What are your thoughts?

Thanks Cam

Hi Cam,

Hope it goes quickly!

We have Thule racks on the roof of our car for parent push bikes- which are great & can be locked as we've had 3 x mountain bikes stolen in the last 4 months when chained to the draw bar at caravan parks (Stockton & Nambucca). We just throw kids bikes on the floor of the van during transport & chain-up or put in back of car at night. Fiama make a bunch of mounts for bikes on front & rear of van- though difficult for Expandas. If I didn't have roof racks on the car & wasn't planning a dirt bike mount, I'd get one of these for the rear of the van: http://www.roofrackstore.com.au/thule-hangon-ba-9708-p-300134.html

Happy travelling!

Cheers,

Rob