17' Series Expanda Newbies

Dominorob

Nov 9, 2015
Sydney Australia
We Got it! On the way back from Albury to Sydney now. Tows beautifully, but the car uses a bit more fuel than it did towing the Swan! Can't wait for our trip to Nambucca Heads in a couple of weeks to try it out properly. Dirt bike mount for the rear bar being planned already!

Attachments

• Van1.jpg
    Van1.jpg
    686.1 KB · Views: 275
  • Van2.jpg
    Van2.jpg
    651.1 KB · Views: 284
  • Van3.jpg
    Van3.jpg
    645.3 KB · Views: 286
  • Van4.jpg
    Van4.jpg
    657.9 KB · Views: 279

FiveInAVan

Sep 17, 2015
Brisbane, QLD
How exciting @Dominorob . Looks fantastic! Is the model I have my eye on so can't wait to hear all about your travels. What is that car you are you towing with? We have a Prado but think the OB might be too heavy when loaded and may have to go a touring model instead.

Dominorob

Nov 9, 2015
Sydney Australia
Hi @FiveInAVan , Yes very excited! The van looks awesome & we head off on our first trip this Thursday to Nambucca heads. We're towing it with an 2014 *Try posting a bit more so your post isn't boring* 40D which has 2700/270kg towing limit, but the van will certainly offroad better than the car! Maybe something more industrial next........ I've not driven any further than around the block, but my wife towed it back from Albury with no probs. She said she was getting 17L/100kms vs. the 11.2L/100kms we were getting towing the Swan OB. Can't wait!!!!

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Enjoy!

Lots of us have upgraded from Swans. Every time you setup ...smile and ignore the reduced fuel consumption.

It makes life easier.

Dirt bike addition will be interesting but might affect ball weight significantly, depending on where it ends up.

Reactions: bigcol

Dominorob

Nov 9, 2015
Sydney Australia
First trip away in the van- 10 days in Nambucca Heads. The van towed great at 110km/h +/- 15, tracked straight, brakes great, all up, no problems on that front.

We had a few minor niggles:
· Rear bed curtain rail falling out
· Door lock hit & miss re unlocking
· Rear water tank showing full but is empty
· Solar input wired into battery input
· Waste water tank not wired into/ not showing on drifter when full
· Outside shower hose leaking and low pressure
· Hot water heater metal cover on outside is loose
It's booked in for fist service next week, so everything I haven't already fixed should be sorted.

That said, take nothing away from this being a fantastic van!!!!! We arrived home on Sunday & for the first time, we didn't wish for our own beds all the way. We absolutely loved being away in the van with the kids & are already planning a ton of 2016 trips in it!

All Expanda owners are lucky to have such great machines!

Colin

Sep 30, 2015
Harrisdale , Perth
Hi sounds familiar. We just got our van before Christmas. Great present! My 5 year old managed to pull the rear curtain rail off while closing it and the entry door unlock is hit and miss. Love the van!

Reactions: bigcol