SMJ x2

Apr 12, 2015
PERTH
Yep same here mate, it comes standard at the front now. I insisted it was at the back and after some persuasion they agreed and it was installed at the rear in the same spot as yours..
I was told we couldn't have one at the rear due to new regs

Reactions: Crusty181

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Yep same here mate, it comes standard at the front now. I insisted it was at the back and after some persuasion they agreed and it was installed at the rear in the same spot as yours..

I was told we couldn't have one at the rear due to new regs
@SMJ *Try posting a bit more so your post isn't boring* thats what I was told when I asked the dealer to install one where Ive now put it .... which ironically is the same dealer @AzHaych found were happy to do it o_O. Bit of a lucky dip I think.

As for the gas legislation, that's a state by state issue. If you want it installed bring it to Victoria, but ensure get your days right. The Gas Regs state it can't be done on Mondays (weekends of course), every second Thursday and the entire third week of each month. @AzHaych, which are the days it can be done ??? Theres also a random "spin the wheel" day they won't tell you about until your there.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
@SMJ *Try posting a bit more so your post isn't boring*
As for the gas legislation, that's a state by state issue. If you want it installed bring it to Victoria, but ensure get your days right. The Gas Regs state it can't be done on Mondays (weekends of course), every second Thursday and the entire third week of each month. @AzHaych, which are the days it can be done ??? Theres also a random "spin the wheel" day they won't tell you about until your there.

I would imagine that if you pay via "brown paper bag" and don't require an invoice/receipt, you can probably circumnavigate most of those restrictions on days @Crusty181.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Needed to relocate the gas bottles after the factory mounts got poo poo'ed to make way for the giant alum box, so took the opportunity to add jerry can holders.
IMG_20150926_103925.jpg

Reactions: dagree

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Daylight saving coming soon so you won't need to use the diesel heater.

I'm sure the forum jokes will decline in warmer weather and more daylight.

Reactions: FiveInAVan

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Daylight saving coming soon so you won't need to use the diesel heater.

@Crusty181 will just run the aircon to freezing point so he will have to turn the "Ducted Diesel Heater" on to warm it up again!

I'm sure the forum jokes will decline in warmer weather and more daylight.
There's no jokes here Dobbie, @Crusty181 is the Yoda of mods, it is pure admiration:)

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
How is your ball weight will it all loaded up @Crusty181 ?

I've been looking at adding a toolbox etc, but I'm concerned about adding so much weight up front.
We've been lucky there. We deleted the slideout lounge, so dropped almost 100kg of weight off the front of the van. Our delivered ball weight was a dangerously low 145kg, so it was screaming out for the tool box mod. I probably over mod'ed it with the jerry holders, but what the hell. I loaded up the new rack, put about 40kg of stuff in the box along with my 85kg son and it tipped the "1x1/3 bathroom scale ball measurer" at around 300kg. Once i remove my son (possibly next week some time) and replace him with the actual camping gear it should come in under 270kg

Last edited:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
..... and the mods just keep on coming.

With hot and cold water pipes running around under the van together; I cant fathom the reasoning behind not having a hot water tap on the draw bar next to the cold water tap.

Very handy for washing up the stuff you dont want inside and then clogging the pipes like cemented on BBQ marinade etc

So just like magic with the flick of a box cutter, a "t" junction and a tap painted red (ok, Indian red is all I had) ..... say the magic words .... and
1000049.jpg
Total cost $20. Future mod to the mod might involve a flick mixer and set it up similar to the ext shower