Confused...

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Hi Bigskiddy,
is the bed convertor and chaise layout from jayco?
bonners

Yeah its the bed convertor. I've just put the folding mattress against the wall for the 'chaise' layout. Good for whole family to watch TV when its placed on the bench beside sink.

Bonners

Jan 24, 2013
wollondilly nsw
Hi @Patons, ours is the same as @BigSkiddy , I've slept on the bottom bunk, no dramas.
Just noticed your from 'the bay', my wife is from there, granny, her mum, (who resides still in the bay), slept on the bottom bunk for nearly 4 weeks jan 2014, travelling around Tassie, and managed quite well. our son, an electrician, is working on the expansion on the shopping centre (target one) atm.

Patons

Jun 10, 2014
Hervey Bay QLD
Hi @Patons, ours is the same as @BigSkiddy , I've slept on the bottom bunk, no dramas.
Just noticed your from 'the bay', my wife is from there, granny, her mum, (who resides still in the bay), slept on the bottom bunk for nearly 4 weeks jan 2014, travelling around Tassie, and managed quite well. our son, an electrician, is working on the expansion on the shopping centre (target one) atm.
Sounds good I'm sure the kiddies would fit now there is the drama of packing away their beds to sit at the lounge to eat etc? Apart from that I don't mind this layout.! :) I cannot wait for the new shops to open I might not have time to go away camping now that Kmart is opening this week! :bounce:

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
You can still have use of the table set up whilst bunk is being used. There's the seat against the fridge that seats two persons. If my kids sleep in I'm able to sit there and have breakfast.

The kids each use a sleeping bag and a fitted sheet to the mattress. These store in the cupboard beside the door. Pillows get placed on the main bed.

Reactions: Patons

Bonners

Jan 24, 2013
wollondilly nsw
Hi @Patons ,
Just reading about new regulations concerning fridges venting into annexes, on our model, fridge vents to road side, i.e; opposite side to door, which means no hassles with annexes, perhaps u should consider this when looking at which model

Patons

Jun 10, 2014
Hervey Bay QLD
Well if we like it tomorrow we just have to ring finance mob back and organise that side of it then we can pick it up so I'm guessing that will be next weekend....?

Patons

Jun 10, 2014
Hervey Bay QLD
Def will post some pics :) is the independent coil suspension the new suspension out? I think our starcraft had something different...?

Moore Family

Jun 18, 2014
SE Queensland
The new suspension is the independent coil system called JTECH. Before this it was leaf springs.
This is what Jayco have to say about it.
" JTECH suspension has been designed specifically to keep your Jayco strong and safe under harsh Australian conditions. Delivering greater stability, a smoother ride, more precise handling and increased ground clearance without increased ride height, it makes towing easier than ever before."

Reactions: Patons

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Looks like hubby got his wish. Dropping down to a 17ft would have been hard coming from the 22ft Starcraft. Out of the Expandas the 20.63.1 is the pick. Hopefully it looks as good in the flesh.