Colin&Sue 16.49-1

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
Love the temp gauge on the fridge.
How did you run the thermocouple wire into the fridge, did you have to drill into it?
Any chance you could post some extra pics up, id love to copy this one. Thanks.

aghhh, just got home from trip OS , will get fridge wire pics for you , have not forgotten , just haven't been here to do it.

will get on to it for ya , regards Col.

Reactions: Vaughan Reeve

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
image.jpg
Well @Vaughan , finally got into the van for that pic, I was a away for two weeks , got back and had a bit on.

Basically the wire just comes down from the facia and into the fridge, the wire is very fine and the fridge seal closes on it ok, if it did create a tinny tinny gap, it's at the top so I doubt if any cold air would rise out pass it.

Once in the fridge I just push just the end of the sensor into a small white tube I sica flexed on the side, this stops it floating round and I can just pull it out to replace if ever required.

The White tube is about 40 mm long just so I could have enough to stick to. The tube is a piece cut of a ballon stick, you know, the ones with the little plastic cup at the top, fits perfect.

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
The Companion WiFi fridge thermometer has no wires, gives ambient and fridge temp and time.
Have one for home fridge as well now.

yeh, wireless is good, i was just after a neat simple gauge to keep an eye on fridge at a glance. does the job ok for $4.95

i have a engel temp gauge for the car fridge and it works a treat.

at the end of the day , as long as u know the bourbons are cold ! ;)

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
Well with my draw back from the powder coaters , i set about fitting push to close runners , attaching draw , and i must say i am glad i measured twice as you can see. a massive storage draw right next to the door , for all those bits and pieces , leads, hose fittings , pegs , ropes etc or a great draw for shoes boots and thongs. hmmmm couple of bags of ice and a few JD'S maybe !
PB230039.JPG

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
That draw looks great Colin! Neat fit and it`s bigger than what I thought it would be, space well utilised:encouragement:.

Reactions: jacbaz

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
View attachment 25596
Finally finished rear table mount , sits in channel and locks in at top, can even extend table legs out , save wrestling with it in the dirt. Sits tight and solid even when bed lid dropped down.

refer Notes few posts on before attempting.
Hi Colin,

Love the channel idea but I have a question, when attaching how did you attach, rivets or screws and what did you do to stop them penetrating right through into the bed mattress?

Thanks

Dave

Colsar

May 10, 2014
Mornington Peninsula
Hi Colin,

Love the channel idea but I have a question, when attaching how did you attach, rivets or screws and what did you do to stop them penetrating right through into the bed mattress?

Thanks

Dave

Hi , i used screws but only 3 , one at each end and one in the middle, screws only short. the channel has a back welded on to give more surface area, and i used sic a flex, white marine grade silicone thats sticks well, from memory its marine 291 bunnings, about $20 per tube. hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: gwadir

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
I just did mine Dave and held it on with Sika and 5 pop rivets. I took the mattress out to drill through but the drill went through the exterior sheet but didn`t go through the inside , there is a small void in there and I did hit a hidden brace in the middle that was a bit hard to drill through.

Reactions: gwadir

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
I just did mine Dave and held it on with Sika and 5 pop rivets. I took the mattress out to drill through but the drill went through the exterior sheet but didn`t go through the inside , there is a small void in there and I did hit a hidden brace in the middle that was a bit hard to drill through.
Thanks Colin & Matt, that's what I needed to know (the void thing that is), always get a bit nervous when drilling and not knowing what's on the other side (wires and the like).

Reactions: Colsar

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I like that TV mount idea, my new ALDI TV weighs about 3kg so wouldn't pull a chunk of wall off...........I feel another mod coming.

Reactions: dagree