Coastrunners 14.4.2 Expanda

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
Elevation View of the northern end of Seven Mile Beach. You can see the van park just behind the trees on the beach.

elevation.jpg

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
My progression to the Expanda.

The old Coleman Camper. My first van. I loved it when I first got it. We did lots of trips away in the Coleman. The straw that broke the camels back was the broken winding mechanism. Naturally it broke when we were at the furtherest point from home. We had to stay in cabins all the way home. I spent $1000 getting it properly fixed and then sold it. I think we had it from about 1999 until 2003.
van1.jpgvan2.jpgvan2a.jpg

In 2003 we bought our 1987 model Viscount Ultra Light POP TOP. This was a great van, {and still is}. I loved not having to wind up the vans to pack and unpack. We often pulled over on the side of the road for lunch, dinner and overnight stays. I had this van for 9 years. We loved the bunk beds. We even stayed in the van down the snow, the blue mountains and many spots up and down the coast. The biggest trip was probably the great ocean road. Unfortunately the boys out grew the bunks and the time to update popped up. Probably the only thing I don`t miss about the old viscount was the time it took to set up the annexe. It was like a little house frame.

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
Thanks Expandafan. Your photos and stories influenced me, so I went back and dug out the old photo`s. So many good memories with them.

Yes. I love the roll out awning and slide in annexe walls. So much quicker.

As you mentioned earlier, they all held their value.

When you work out how much money we all save using our vans over cabins, then take away the money we lose when selling the vans we usually always end up in front.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Thanks Expandafan. Your photos and stories influenced me, so I went back and dug out the old photo`s. So many good memories with them.

Yes. I love the roll out awning and slide in annexe walls. So much quicker.

As you mentioned earlier, they all held their value.

When you work out how much money we all save using our vans over cabins, then take away the money we lose when selling the vans we usually always end up in front.

Thanks Coastrunner. It's good to look back sometimes. Agree entirely – none of our vans have been poor investments.