16' Series Buying 16.49-3 0B

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
My advice would be to include anything likely to affect the weight....or anything that would be difficult to retrofit....like batteries, panels, power points etc.

You seem to have covered most but the van is certified when it leaves the factory so all weights stamped on plate at that time would include factory fitted options.

I'd suggest an Anderson plug on draw bar so you can run things like compressors and extra solar if needed direct from van batteries.

Can't help with price but do know you can negotiate a bit .....good luck.

Reactions: achjimmy

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Yeah as @Dobbie said get everything within the van. The other thing I have done on both vans is stipulate in writing at time of order that the payload be the advertised payload (375kg in case of the 16:49-3) because Jayco will lowball the atm sometimes? Both our 16:49-3 and SC 17:58-3 had to have new compliance plates fitted to reflect the correct payload! Sometimes Jayco leave the weighbridge certificate in with the van paperwork and that shows Tare , gross and atm but they don't always put Tare on the compliance now so you can't check.

Sando

Sep 2, 2015
Melbourne
Thanks for the advice guys I thought u didn't need an Anderson plug anymore with the new 17 plug Jayco has or do u run one for accessories off the caravan

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
17 plug??

That's a new one. We have the 12pin and the Anderson so haven't caught up with a 17.

Only real reason I can see for Anderson is to allow easy disconnect for ESC or for running another fridge but maybe the 17 plug allows for that?

We run our extra solar and compressor from the Anderson....and now our nifty new trailer mover.

Sando

Sep 2, 2015
Melbourne
Sorry your right I thought is was 14 but it must be 12 that makes sense now with the Anderson plug thanks