Picnic table
Drifter panel
External tv point
Tv/DVDs
Fashion stereo int ext speakers
Annex walls

Any other recommendations be great
16 wheels?
Do they come standard with 2 gas bottles?
Water filter?
Any extra power or gas points?

Thanks Sando

Reactions: Bluey

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Congrats on the van @Sando . Have no idea about the 16', but I'd definitely get more 12V and 240V outlets, just like a house....you never seem to have enough. I think you get 2 gas bottles of you have the ensuite. But on saying that, we don't have the ensuite but still got 2 bottles. It could be because we have the outside shower and HWS. ( that's 1 thing I'd never go without again, the HWS).

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Hi @Sando and welcome to the forum. You will no doubt get a lot of help and advise from others on here.
As @Smirke said get extra power points (12 and 240V)... Double points under the dinette seats are a good starting point!
As you have gone the shower/toilet model you will (should) get 2 x gas bottles as standard. Ours had the external gas point at the rear... fitted a second one at the front for use when we have the annex walls fitted.

Water filter will be an extra or an aftermarket fit.

Sando

Sep 2, 2015
Melbourne
Thanks degree
Thanks mate think the new ones come with gas point on draw bar was tossing up seeing if I could get one at the back of annex for cooking inside if raining.
The water filter ar they any good or is it something worth doing yourself later or is it waste time
I've read a bit here with guys say 16inch wheels are the way to go any recommendations are great!!!
Thanks Sando

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
If you can fit an extra outdoor table I think it's worth it. My 16.49-2 had an external shower and HWS with just one gas tank. Never caused me an issue in 5 yrs of ownership. Agree the HWS is a must have if the budget can stretch that far. Hot water on tap is one of the things that makes a big difference.
Congratulations!

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
The requirement for water filters depend on where you want to travel..... Larger towns etc probably wouldn't worry but if getting water from smaller towns/out of the way places would recommend one.
Can't help with a filter supplied by Jayco but there are plenty of aftermarket ones out there. Just depends on what you want to pay!

16" rims will help wit a bit of extra ground clearance so just depends where you are going to drag the new girl! But they do look better ;)

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Get the 16"s . Your van wil end up with an atm of close to 2050kg and that's if you can keep your payload to 375kg including 160kg of water and 18kg of gas so that leaves less than 200kg for everything else!?! The 15"s only have a load rating of about 1040kg per tyre so 2080kg all up! And that's under perfect conditions, imo Jayco are cupable and should no better. Get the 16"s

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Congrats...exciting!.

We have the 16.49.3 (2014) and find the ground height to be more than enough. You'll need a ladder to get in with bigger wheels so, from a clearance aspect, I'd stay with the supplied size.

From a load aspect re GVM etc it's worth investigating for safety and peace of mind.

Ours came with 10 240v points (5 doubles) as standard but we added extra 12v to side of TV bench next to the supplied one, to the wall next to TV booster, outside with coax under gold down table and one to cupboard inside next to fusion radio. Also, they are all doubles. We mainly free camp so that works for us.

We carry lots of usb cables for devices and, if on 240v, use a plug with usb input so can charge toys easily and we don't lose cables as much.

I think you'll find jayco won't do an external hatch for the rear storage as there's the awning arm in the way and the bathroom on the other side.

They also couldn't / wouldn't do second fold down table or second gas bayonet (gas regs).

We collected van 10 months ago and have done over 18,000 ks so far and replaced all screws in cupboard doors, moved the spare to rear bumper, added a cage and a weber box and a step to get in easier and absolutely love the van!

Sando

Sep 2, 2015
Melbourne
Thanks for all the replies very helpful think I will go the 16's another question does anyone have ESC stability control?
Does it work well?
Has anyone used it off road how does it go does it constantly hit the brakes if it's jumping around on a rough road or if your on a track and its step or on an angle does it affect it?
Thanks again

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Have ESC and it's really good and effective on road...no sway or wobble even with b doubles passing or approaching.

Off road it can be disconnected...use a separate plug for this when you sort out wiring..as it can cut in and out a bit but we've only noticed it only on severe corrugations so disconnected ESC via Anderson plug

Sando

Sep 2, 2015
Melbourne
Thanks for that I was wondering about that thought that it might be more hassle than it's worth have friends with new van with the independent suspension and reackon they tow great so thought there was no point but maybe worth ticking the box
Thanks for that do u know anything about the ezy levelling device option?
Thanks

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
The 15" s are 235/75-15 and the 16"s are 245/70-16. There's only about 15mm difference in overall diametre, 8mm to hieght? I wouldn't have a loaded 16:49-3 on 15"s again. I learnt the hard way and Jayco knew too , that's why when all the vans where coming with the GT pos tyres they supplied ours with a Firestone AT in LT construction! So even though the load rating wasn't better it was a better class of tyre. There's a few forum members with heavy 16's that have blown tyres and cracked rims and springs! At least with the jaytech the springs are no longer a weak link.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
No idea. Sorry.

We don't use a weight distribution cos it voids our Nissan warranty but do sometimes use a Trail a Mate for levelling the van.

Also, very infrequently, ramps. Usually check with a bubble T thingy on draw bar and have attached it so the bubbles are good if the fridge is level. We first put it in the freezer, got the levels correct, then attached it to draw bar with glue.

No problems with fridge at all ....and I can tolerate a slightly slanty but but not a fridge that won't operate efficiently.

Can't see the point in over complicating what should be a quick setup.

Sando

Sep 2, 2015
Melbourne
Maybe mate just a option on the Jayco brochure say would be any other recommendations be great will be ordered tonight hopefully I like the light on the road side of the van does it get switched independently
Thanks Again