Wollondilly Shire NSW
A teaser
2015-01-15 12.32.00.jpg

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
That Escape look's shmick @Bushman "congratulations" looks like Santa came late this year :whoo:

You won't know yourself in a full height van with all that room.

Santa got it to the dealer on time we just couldn't get it before.
Dealer claimed he could have sold 4 times in the time he had it, said he even liked it more than their display model.

As for full van, thats going to take some getting use to after the poptop especially the handling in the wind.
Got interesting yesterday in our travels.

Last edited:

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
D
Santa got it to the dealer on time we just couldn't get it before.
Dealer claimed he ciuld have sold 4 times in the time he had it, said he even liked it more than their display model.

As for full van, thats going to take some getting use to after the poptop especially the handling in the wind.
Got interesting yesterday in our travels.
Did you end up with ESC? I met a bloke that had ESC fitted to his van down at Eden yesterday. He had traveled from Eden back up to Moruya and brought some stuff with him from ARV for me.
I asked how he found the ESC and he said he didn't know because it never came on. I suppose it's one of those things that will prove its worth when it's needed!

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
D

Did you end up with ESC? I met a bloke that had ESC fitted to his van down at Eden yesterday. He had traveled from Eden back up to Moruya and brought some stuff with him from ARV for me.
I asked how he found the ESC and he said he didn't know because it never came on. I suppose it's one of those things that will prove its worth when it's needed!

Yep it has ESC though its not ALKO, it's Dexter Sway Control with the same brand axles and suspension, and I'm pretty sure it got a worrk out yesterday.
I'll be calling ARV tomorrow when pass Eden on the way to The Bay
2015-01-14 11.27.53.jpg

Last edited:

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Look's great @Bushman .
How'd the Pajaro go towing it, much different to the Expanda?
To me it looks longer than a 20ft van. Have you measured it?

Must be nice not having to set up the bedends.

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Looks fabulous. Love the step light!
What are your weights? I'd be interested in the loaded ball weight and how you go with the Pajero.

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Look's great @Bushman .
How'd the Pajaro go towing it, much different to the Expanda?
To me it looks longer than a 20ft van. Have you measured it?

Must be nice not having to set up the bedends.

Certainly knew it was there the first few days with drive rain and winds going to Philip Is and only having a light load probably didn't help much, wasn't sure if it was me the van or the weather, mostly likely all 3. certainly slowed down on a few of those hills on the lower NSW South Coast, though the ltrs/100 on the dash of PJ showed 16/100 on average.
I measured the body length external, came up a 6.7 mtrs (excluding standard drawer bar and rear bumper) Internal front window above bed to rear bunk window 6.4 mtrs approx.,

Certainly good to walk in and know your bed is waiting already done,

Looks fabulous. Love the step light!
What are your weights? I'd be interested in the loaded ball weight and how you go with the Pajero.

Original specs stated it was Pajero/Prado suitable, hence why we looked at it, @2100 tare and 2500 ATM only giving it a 400kg load rating which isn't much consider my Panda had 375kg load.
However ours rocked in at 2100 tare with a 600kg load, and ATM of 2700kg. interestingly it doesn't state a tare ball weight on the plate, I'm a bit scared to physical check it.o_O

I don't think you will have too worry about getting lost in the dark with those MCG cricket lights out side. Did you get any on the off side as well for those late night set up's?

that was one thing I had indeed to do but for some reason didn't get one on the off side, it dose have a nice LED one in the front boot though that also lights up the drawer bar enough to see what's going on.

Last edited: