18' Series Box for Draw Bar

JMS Project

Jun 14, 2015
Dayboro
Hi there Brains Trust...

It has been a while since my last visit, and I can report that I have finally picked up my 18.58-1 OB.

After heaps of dramas with our mates at Jayco, hopefully we can relax and enjoy.

My question now to all my friends is this, what have you all done regarding the Ally Boxes on you draw bars ?

Keen for as much info as possible, and pics if possible.

I have extended draw bar, and have seen a pretty cool box on here some time back, with a section at sides for gas bottles.

Looking forward to the responses friends....

Cheers, Steve

CrazyMOBB

Feb 2, 2014
Matcham, Central Coast, NSW
image.jpeg

You can't beat this one.

Sturah

Oct 29, 2015
BrisVegas
Hi there Brains Trust...

It has been a while since my last visit, and I can report that I have finally picked up my 18.58-1 OB.

After heaps of dramas with our mates at Jayco, hopefully we can relax and enjoy.

My question now to all my friends is this, what have you all done regarding the Ally Boxes on you draw bars ?

I have extended draw bar, and have seen a pretty cool box on here some time back, with a section at sides for gas bottles.

Cheers, Steve
I will also be very interested in weight that can go on the a frame and what this will do to the ball weight. Been scared of a bit since I seen this video. But would love to keep the weber outside.
http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/load-balancing-for-caravans.8589/

KatieB

Mar 13, 2016
Sydney
Hi there Brains Trust...

Cheers, Steve
View attachment 39647

You can't beat this one.

Hi CrazyMOBB,
Looking at tool boxes for the front of our 16.49-4 & really like your one. Did you have this custom made & if so could you provide details?

Reactions: Vere

CrazyMOBB

Feb 2, 2014
Matcham, Central Coast, NSW
Hi CrazyMOBB,
Looking at tool boxes for the front of our 16.49-4 & really like your one. Did you have this custom made & if so could you provide details?
Yes it is custom made by a local company on the central coast in west Gosford. Josinet is the name of the company and Paul is the man to talk to. Google them. He would have all the dimensions as I sold this box with my old 16.49-4 but will most likely get one made for the new 20.64-1 soon.

KatieB

Mar 13, 2016
Sydney
Yes it is custom made by a local company on the central coast in west Gosford. Josinet is the name of the company and Paul is the man to talk to. Google them. He would have all the dimensions as I sold this box with my old 16.49-4 but will most likely get one made for the new 20.64-1 soon.
Thanks! Will definitely look them up.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
If it's quality made the $1050 is a bargain price. I paid $550 for the kingchrome gullwing box and where's it adequate it's far from "quality" with average handles etc. the custom box for the expanda with draws etc well it was lots and lots more than $1050 so I'd say go for it.