17' Series Black access hatches, make? Availabilty ?

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Just wondering if anybody knows of a source of the newer style black access hatches Jayco use now? Obvoiusly Jayco dealers are one source but was hoping to be able to see avaiable sizes etc?

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Camec Coast to Coast rv express is the jayco dealers

Rodney do you know who the manufacturer is? Or whether you can buy the locks and specify the key number individually. I have one hatch with a different key and I want another.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
On the front of the lock where the key goes in, there is a number. I would put on the order that you request lock No ??? which would be taken off one you already have. I have about 15 keys for my caravan already. They should be able to do it. Edit! Might be able to do it :)

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
On the front of the lock where the key goes in, there is a number. I would put on the order that you request lock No ??? which would be taken off one you already have. I have about 15 keys for my caravan already. They should be able to do it. Edit! Might be able to do it :)
Thanks Macca, yes would do that. But I have the extra hatch already I want to key the same. Normally a lock smith can do it, but the usual rule is the other key needs to be able to at least fit, on mine the two keys won't even slide in there that different.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
You can buy new lock assemblies keyed alike on ebay. They are slightly different but they do fit as I remember seeing someone on here fit them. $20 each. Could you swap the toilet hatch lock to one you lock all the time.
Because I have so many keys, like most of us, I have put tags on all the keys and we have a key board in the van. It is still a pain when you need a key but they at least all live in the same spot and are clearly identified. Even our bed ends are different keys! It does not wear the timber for those of you wondering.
IMG_3830.JPG
We also have group of "scotch" key hooks near the front door. They are for van, car and park keys. Since that photo I have added a table and outside shower so all the spots are full. Will be adding second table and entertainment hatch so more keys coming.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
You can buy new lock assemblies keyed alike on ebay. They are slightly different but they do fit as I remember seeing someone on here fit them. $20 each. Could you swap the toilet hatch lock to one you lock all the time.
Because I have so many keys, like most of us, I have put tags on all the keys and we have a key board in the van. It is still a pain when you need a key but they at least all live in the same spot and are clearly identified. Even our bed ends are different keys! It does not wear the timber for those of you wondering.
View attachment 26860
We also have group of "scotch" key hooks near the front door. They are for van, car and park keys. Since that photo I have added a table and outside shower so all the spots are full. Will be adding second table and entertainment hatch so more keys coming.

They keyed all the standard hatches the same. It's the optional long hatch that uses a different key and it has two locks.

If you have an older jayco that uses the thetford hatches you can buy a camec to thetford conversation set that keys all the thetford hatches the same as you door key. Pretty good

Reactions: Expandaman