Just Browsing Bathurst 2015

Journey

Mar 30, 2015
Western Australia
Stayed on the Mountain 2 years ago. You should try Reid/Sulman next time. It was the best 5 days we have spent at the Race so far (our 4th Great Race). We hired 2 massive 6 berth Wannabangos (ha) in Sydney and placed them on 2 side by side sites (only needed 1.5 sites) with the annexes facing each other. The atmosphere was great and one carton per person per day was very handy.

MUMSRIG

Jul 8, 2012
Upper Hunter
Hi all,

We go each year. I get three sites and share them out to my mates. This year will be our first with the Expanda as its always been either the OB Swan or the old Soft Floor which will also be there as a mate purchased it from me.

We are in Reid/Sulman and have a blast every year! Take our own 1000ltr water bladder and instant hot water for showers so we don't have to fight the hoards for a spot I the dirty shower blocks lol

This is our set up from last year.. We get there Tuesday at the latest and spend 6 days to a week. Still heaps going on at the track before the race and leave on the Monday as it's less congested trying to get out.

image.jpg

Reactions: Journey and Smergen

MUMSRIG

Jul 8, 2012
Upper Hunter
I would like to say that it goes into our fancy grey water system, but alas I would be lying.

Onto the grass mate but using environmentally friendly washing products. We are on a very slight slope so it works well. This year we're looking at hiring a Dunny for the group to. If we could find a Fibreglass shower base we'd be able to capture the water and put it in the Coates Hire Dunny

Reactions: Smergen

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
I would like to say that it goes into our fancy grey water system, but alas I would be lying.

Onto the grass mate but using environmentally friendly washing products. We are on a very slight slope so it works well. This year we're looking at hiring a Dunny for the group to. If we could find a Fibreglass shower base we'd be able to capture the water and put it in the Coates Hire Dunny

Ha ha... all good mate, was just curious. One of the sites a few spots down from us last year had set a pretty ingenious loo out the front of their camp which drained into some of the big 20L containers. I thought it was quite smart until they couldn't be bothered emptying it and pretty much made a constant "stream" across the road from their camp.

MUMSRIG

Jul 8, 2012
Upper Hunter
Oh nice. I guess we are fortunate where we are as we have an access beside us which is quite wide. But not a major thoroughfare and he guys beside us set up their hired loo so it backs onto our double shower/toilet tent. We probably went through 600ltrs of water last year but the ground soaked it up and it didn't get away from our camp.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
We have a pretty cosy site down in the Paddock, and last year was the first of many. We've ditched the tent this year for swags and easy-ups, but my goal is to get the van up there. But it would require a few additional sites to try and squeeze it in.

Reactions: MUMSRIG

MUMSRIG

Jul 8, 2012
Upper Hunter
We have a pretty cosy site down in the Paddock, and last year was the first of many. We've ditched the tent this year for swags and easy-ups, but my goal is to get the van up there. But it would require a few additional sites to try and squeeze it in.
Yeah. With 3x sites we easily were able to get 2x campers a large Marquee and our vehicles. For the first few years we had the bay next to us spare so the was handy until someone purchased it LOL

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Yeah. With 3x sites we easily were able to get 2x campers a large Marquee and our vehicles. For the first few years we had the bay next to us spare so the was handy until someone purchased it LOL

Yep, would love to snaffle another couple of spots if possible, but can't really see it happening any time soon in the Paddock! At any rate, just chomping at the bit to get back up there for another weekend supporting Team Tekno!

MUMSRIG

Jul 8, 2012
Upper Hunter
Yep, would love to snaffle another couple of spots if possible, but can't really see it happening any time soon in the Paddock! At any rate, just chomping at the bit to get back up there for another weekend supporting Team Tekno!
The Tekno boys do well for a small outfit..
I'm a GRM follower. My cousin was lead mechanic for Lee Holdsworth when he was racing for them and another friend of mine was lead for Michael Caruso with them at the same time.. He (Ryan Millier) is now looking for sponsorship to run full time in the GT category after winning the last round in his first drive at Eastern Creek in the Audi a couple of weeks ago.
If anyone would like to help him achieve his dreams then you can by clicking here http://www.gofundme.com/ryanmillier

Last edited:

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Not long to go. How many other people are going this year...
I was going to go again next year after going for the first time last year as my brother heads up every second year but we are going to the Flinders so will have to wait another couple of years.

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
The Tekno boys do well for a small outfit..
I'm a GRM follower. My cousin was lead mechanic for Lee Holdsworth when he was racing for them and another friend of mine was lead for Michael Caruso with them at the same time.. He (Ryan Millier) is now looking for sponsorship to run full time in the GT category after winning the last round in his first drive at Eastern Creek in the Audi a couple of weeks ago.
If anyone would like to help him achieve his dreams then you can by clicking here http://www.gofundme.com/ryanmillier

It's a pretty tough gig motor racing and it's a fine line between success and failure. I'd love to see more of the GTs and I hope Ryan does well. I'm a big fan of GRM, but really I just support anyone who my brother builds cars for. At the moment it's SVG, next year..... :spy:

Last edited:
Reactions: dagree