Just Browsing Bathurst 2015

Four of us

Apr 27, 2011
Ipswich QLD
This is the first time I plan to go to see the V8 at Bathurst. Just after some advice..I plan to take the panda down to a camp site which I know are very hard to get and I have registered on the mailing list when it gets released.
1. Which is a good site to get. I know there are a few different sites. I plan to arrive on the Wednesday.
2. Do many other people take their vans onto a camp site or do most people take a tent?

Or any other advice

Thanks

Roadkill

Mar 24, 2013
SA
Took our expanda last year. Initial campsite allocated was with everyone else crammed in on the mountain straight side. That wouldn't do as I would have needed substantial leveling on the sloping site. A quick trip back to the campsite allocation people and changed to the "chase" side where essentially it's flat and plent of space. Not sure what their thinking was to jam everyone to one side? Just remember to take a jack hammer or hefty pegs for the annex!

Roadkill

Mar 24, 2013
SA
You won't be able get in earlier than Wednesday anyway as per the website: www.bathurst12hour.com.au. I turned up on the Friday afternoon and had no issues other than previously mentioned. Sites are approx 8m x 8m. It will really depend on the numbers that turn up but I note this year they have shown campsites on the chase side available which may indicate more numbers than last year. Enjoy. I can't go due to organizing an 18th party. :(

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Just to clarify @Four of us, are you talking about camping for the 12hr or the Bathurst 1000 in October? I recall discussing this with you in another thread.

Went to the Great Race last year and if I could guarantee two sites side by side I'd take the Expanda. Otherwise you'll need to be up there nice and early in the week to squeeze it on. Our site was 8x7 and I reckon our van would have only just fit. It would have also been impossible to park when we got there on the Thursday.

Reactions: formyfamily

Four of us

Apr 27, 2011
Ipswich QLD
No problems @Roadkill. I did look at the link and I noticed it was for a race in February. Yes @Smergen the v8 race in October. I'm waiting to if I can get a site once there released. I remember you telling about getting n early, that's why I was wondering which day I should arrive to set the van up ( if I take it).

Last edited:

Bill Sanderson

Feb 9, 2015
I go to McPhillamy each year. I wouldn't take my van up there. The car gets covered in ash from all the camp fires and dust or mud depending on the weather. We camped next to an Expanda last year and it was a mess after 5 days.

Four of us

Apr 27, 2011
Ipswich QLD
If anyone is keen on going to the V8's at Bathurst in October I believe the camp sites are going to be released in June. Just putting it out there for ideas...

BaxnRach

Apr 5, 2013
Cobram Vic
I can highly reccomend the motorhome campground for the 1000. Last year it was supposedly booked out
but after a few phone calls explaining to the powers that be, that we were competitors, (with an aussie car)
with no other options they found us a site (Powered and roughly 12Ă—12m) in the motorhome campground.
Awesome spot, plenty of room and probably 10 empty sites, and according to a few regulars
it's like that every year.
BTW we had my van a 10mt race transporter/truck and a couple of pit tents setup in between, you actually get a second car/van pass with the tickets.

Reactions: Smergen

BaxnRach

Apr 5, 2013
Cobram Vic
If anyone is interested, I'm pretty sure I won't be going this year,
so will have a powered motorhome campsite up for grabs at whatever the retail price is,
fits 2 vans and vehicles easy
not trying to make any money from it, but would like to keep it for next year.

Returning campers will have the option to their first right of refusal on their campsite from 01/05/2014 To 31/05/2014
(from the V8 supercars website.)

Four of us

Apr 27, 2011
Ipswich QLD
If anyone is interested, I'm pretty sure I won't be going this year,
so will have a powered motorhome campsite up for grabs at whatever the retail price is,
fits 2 vans and vehicles easy
not trying to make any money from it, but would like to keep it for next year.

Returning campers will have the option to their first right of refusal on their campsite from 01/05/2014 To 31/05/2014
(from the V8 supercars website.)
If it was a campsite I would take you up on the offer. But I'm only looking at a normal site at this time..

Cootay

Jul 15, 2012
Engadine, NSW
Sites were released this morning for those that didn't camp last year. All 'motorhome' (read powered) sites are taken.
I got one in section 3 of 'The Chase', cannot choose size but state 6x6 through to 6x8 and 8x8. I only have a 14ft Expanda so should be ok..... going to go Thursday so hopefully before the majority get there to get it on there easier.....
Its the 20th year since I first went and 10years since I've been. Those ten years were wild ones on the top at Mcphillamy park with 30 mates....
This year will be me an my little bloke (6yrs old) and maybe a mate and his kid.
Is anyone else going / booked?