Just Browsing Bathurst 2015

Cootay

Jul 15, 2012
Engadine, NSW
Heading off at 6am tomorrow, so probably arrive the same time Smergen.... I'm camping at The Chase with my young bloke in the expanda, so if your off on a walk drop in and say Gday

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Heading for Albury tonight @Cootay, for rest stop at a mates place before sparrows fart departure and get there before lunch.

I'll keep an eye out mate for the Expanda and if I'm walking around over there I'll stick my head in.

formyfamily

Aug 8, 2015
NSW
would love to see photos of the sites, we are thinking of going next year. where is the motor home site, we are awaiting our 20.64 so would need to book the motor home one I assume.

Cootay

Jul 15, 2012
Engadine, NSW
I'll post some pics later. I'm in the Chase and there is plenty of expandas and caravans. My site had a big slope and reverted to letter a tyre down to level it up..... Good amenities etc

Reactions: formyfamily

mbr37746

Oct 20, 2013
Central West NSW
Been trackside for most of the day
WP_20151011_13_04_04_Pro.jpg .
We did take the kids up for a couple of hours this arvo, came home just before the rain started, now sitting in the comfort of home again, enjoying a beer and watching the last laps.

MUMSRIG

Jul 8, 2012
Upper Hunter
We had an awesome time as per usual. Took the kids this year and they had a blast!
Here are some pics...
image.jpeg
Site preparation LOL. Mate lives in Orange so he bought the mower along
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Our set up. I take a instantaneous shower system and 1000ltr water pod each year plus we hire a dunny so we don't have to line up
image.jpeg
Same 3x sites each year. Stretching from the White DMAX to the back of our new Triton and Expanda down to the back of the huge red marque. 2x camper trailers plus our Van and a marque fit easily with room to spare.

I'll post some other race pics later

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    183.2 KB · Views: 189

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Another Great Race weekend done and dusted. Another great weekend. A new set up for the site with swags replacing the tent and a great success.

Not quite there for our Tekno boys, but that is the way racing goes some day.

Lots of laughs, beers, stories and memories.

mrhappi

Oct 24, 2012
Ipswich
We had an awesome time as per usual. Took the kids this year and they had a blast!
Here are some pics...
View attachment 36434
Site preparation LOL. Mate lives in Orange so he bought the mower along
View attachment 36435
View attachment 36437
Our set up. I take a instantaneous shower system and 1000ltr water pod each year plus we hire a dunny so we don't have to line up
View attachment 36438
Same 3x sites each year. Stretching from the White DMAX to the back of our new Triton and Expanda down to the back of the huge red marque. 2x camper trailers plus our Van and a marque fit easily with room to spare.

I'll post some other race pics later
What a setup! So you'd recommend camping there with kids? We've been keen to do this but have wondered if it'd be a little too wild for the younguns??

Cootay

Jul 15, 2012
Engadine, NSW
I took my young bloke (6yrs) old. Camped in the Chase grounds with plenty of caravans and many expandas. I camped for tens years from 1998 at the top and even that has mellowed a lot since then and would even consider taking the van up there next year. There's even a kids playground up the top now.....
Young bloke had a ball! It was more a camping trip with my son with a spot of car racing versus my previous trips where it was all about the racing. But without doubt the best weekend I've had in years!
Campsite
View media item 134Top of the Mountain - riding push bikes around - he was determined to ride the track
View media item 135
you reckon he had a good time :)

View media item 136

formyfamily

Aug 8, 2015
NSW
thanks for the feedback guys, we are going to book next year with three under 5, hubby and I may have to take turns watching the race from the track vs the van but it sounds like it will be fun. we haven't been for a good few years, sounds like it's mellowed a fair bit!

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Where will you carry your 1000l water pod if you take the van.

What a great idea for this type of camping.

I've only ever been once to a race like Bathurst and couldn't get the smell out of clothes for ages and I still remember the noise.

No wonder they call you petrol heads!

MUMSRIG

Jul 8, 2012
Upper Hunter
Where will you carry your 1000l water pod if you take the van.

What a great idea for this type of camping.

I've only ever been once to a race like Bathurst and couldn't get the smell out of clothes for ages and I still remember the noise.

No wonder they call you petrol heads!

The water Pod is collapsible @Dobbie. Goes in the back of the ute as it boxes up. It could also go inside the van if needed.