A few SETEC questions

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
I have just added my CTek charger straight to the battery and disconnected the Sectec from 240. This works fine. Only thing is you're always running on 12v and your other charger is charging when at a cvn park.

BJ

Mike7

Nov 10, 2011
BJ, what I do is leave everything plugged in. At a van park simply switch off the battery switch so you batteries are isolated from the setek. When plugged into 240v your sertek will power the van 12v stuff thru its transformer and your ctek will only charge your batteries. If you unplug the setek then your ctek charger has to charge the batteries AND power the van 12v stuff.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers
Mike

Paul75

Jul 28, 2013
Gippsland, VIC
Turning off your battery switch won't completely isolate the SETEC from the batteries, it will still trickle charge at 0.8 amps if plugged into mains. Pretty sure it won't matter though.
With my battery switch off and mains plugged in, the drifter control panel doesn't show any charge however when I put my multimeter on it it does.

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
BJ, what I do is leave everything plugged in. At a van park simply switch off the battery switch so you batteries are isolated from the setek. When plugged into 240v your sertek will power the van 12v stuff thru its transformer and your ctek will only charge your batteries. If you unplug the setek then your ctek charger has to charge the batteries AND power the van 12v stuff.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers
Mike
Trouble if I do that, it stops the water pump from working as it is powered through the drifter so with the battery off, it doesn't have power at that point.

I generally free camp so only do this when running from generator when solar needs a boost. So with no mains water, it need the pump.

To me, having the Setec unplugged, I don't need to worry about anything. Plug the power in and it's all done.

Not discounting what you have chosen Mike, as I can see what works for you.:) And at the end of the day, if it works, don't fix it hehehehehe.

BJ