20.64-1 Roof Construction

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
As an aside.... My roof also survived huge hail with no problem. On its first trip. (Apart from the pin hole in the sealant).

Reactions: bigcol

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
My pop top had a hard roof...............but then it was a superior 14.44...........................
Yours was just very little, looked solid and wasn't big enough to get a ripple :boink:.... none of them are fully laminated other than the Silverline

Are you still hiding in Quamby ??

Last edited:
Reactions: dagree

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Nah was solid, well screws went in and stayed.....................................might have been glued down...........dunno, don't care now...............been at Yarrawonga but could be at Wodonga, Jerilderie or Junee tomorrow depends which way we turn, though Brown Bros near Benalla have an interesting free camp.

Reactions: bigcol

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Nah was solid, well screws went in and stayed.....................................might have been glued down...........dunno, don't care now...............been at Yarrawonga but could be at Wodonga, Jerilderie or Junee tomorrow depends which way we turn, though Brown Bros near Benalla have an interesting free camp.
The Princess is looking at buying a dog from near Brown Bros ... can you pick it up for me. Save me a trip. I Square you up later; if we like the look of it

ChrisFatboySydney

Feb 29, 2016
Sydney
IMG_2487.JPG IMG_2488.JPG IMG_2489.JPG IMG_2490.JPG
Mine looks okay. Need to find a ladder to go up and check properly.

Reactions: Drover and bigcol

KECL

Aug 16, 2016
Secret Harbour WA
I think this is a good lesson for Van buyers. Wonder what would happen if you got a ladders inspected the roof at your van pick-up/delivery inspection and rejected it if the roof was in a similar condition.. My advice would be to do the inspection before you pay, although they probably would not let you do that and they still have your deposit anyway. Another example though of quality workmanship v cost of mass production.

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
I think this is a good lesson for Van buyers. Wonder what would happen if you got a ladders inspected the roof at your van pick-up/delivery inspection and rejected it if the roof was in a similar condition.. My advice would be to do the inspection before you pay, although they probably would not let you do that and they still have your deposit anyway. Another example though of quality workmanship v cost of mass production.
I doubt you could reject it based on this. It is how they are designed. As long as it doesn't leak I guess.

pauljygrant

Apr 1, 2015
Adelaide
As others have said, looks fairly standard and just like mine.
Ours is kept in a shed when not used, but when returning from a camper trip, you can sometimes see the dust residue if it's been wet.
The roof is strong enough for me to lie on it when reaching the middle for cleaning.
There is a video somewhere on the Jayco website showing them rolling the tin roof over the timber sheets below.