17Triton's Starcraft 17-58-3 OB

megcam

Re the diesel heater install

@17triton Where did you take the power for the unit from? I'm really ignorant of the workings of the Setec and the Drifta control panel. I was thinking to keep it simple I'd go straight off the battery but would prefer to have it all isolated and have a central place for fuses. Any advice?
Thanks

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Re the diesel heater install

@17triton Where did you take the power for the unit from? I'm really ignorant of the workings of the Setec and the Drifta control panel. I was thinking to keep it simple I'd go straight off the battery but would prefer to have it all isolated and have a central place for fuses. Any advice?
Thanks
I just went straight to the battery with mine.

Reactions: megcam

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Put the annexe up for the first time and am very pleased with it . This is our third annexe and definitely the best we have had.
image.jpg
image.jpg

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Just an update with the heater after a weekend in the high country. It was nice and toasty in the van and one morning I think it was down to 3 degrees so happy with the purchase. We did find that with the thermostat set on 16 it shut down and restarted constantly which was annoying as that is when it is at it's noisiest but put the setting up to 18 and it just ticked away nicely.
Another update with the diesel heater this time after a weekend in Cobram and clear nights saw the thermometer around the zero mark. First night we ran the diesel even though we were on power as it was quieter just ticking away on the lowest manual setting so it wouldn't turn on and off. Second night just out of curiousity we ran the truma set on about 24 as it wasn't getting near that on the drifter display (more like 18 or so) it worked till about 2:30am then started clunking on and off and blowing out cool air so I turned it off and put the diesel on again. 3rd night just ran the diesel again as it is a better heater than the Truma. Filled the tank back up and after 2 1/2 nights only used 5lts so it is very economical as well as efficient.

Last edited:

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Yeah we had heard that and then experienced it in coober pedy last year getting around 2 deg overnight so just flicked the gas heater on later in the night . The roof air cons just don't cut the mustard in the real cold , makes ya smile when you've invested in the real deal though!

Reactions: 17triton and dagree

bloke

Apr 25, 2016
Bendigo
View attachment 43132 View attachment 43133 View attachment 43134
My @Stone Stomper arrived today so I fitted it up this afternoon. It is very easy to fit with only a few bolts and tekscrews required. It is a great quality product and well designed. The service was great as I only ordered it Thursday night last week after taking the important measurements. Thanks Christian.
Looks good mate. How will the stone stomper go with the WDH bars when they are on? All good?

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Carpeted the van today after the boss requested to cover up the vinyl. We did the carpet tiles in the expanda we had but decided to try a one piece in this van. It took a little while to make the template but made the fit up nice and neat.