17' Series 17.56-2OB help needed

Zilla

Nov 10, 2014
As Davemc said the waiting period would seem to be reflective of the demand for the product. If we believe what we were told by the dealers we shopped we were lucky to get delivery of the van by Feb, March 2015 availability after this was out to around April, May 2015. Whilst we saw the floor plan we were not able to choose the fabrics as they will all be different for 2015 so as yet not released ( hope we like the options) and also new colours externally apparently. Extras we got are fold out table, extended draw bar, external shower and nice little LED light above this for those late night showers

Oct 14, 2014
Payed our deposit for 2015 17.5 OB yesterday at Bayswater Jayco with quoted delivery date of March 2015. Fingers crossed!!!!
Quoted delivery
Hi James. The large Dometic fridges draw btw 15 and 18amps (the 150ltr draws 15amps, the 184ltr draws 18amps)
Over a run distance of say 10mtrs, there is significant potential for voltage drop and overheating of the wire and connectors which will compound any voltage drop if you use a wire thats not big enough.

With a draw of that amperage over a rough distance of 10mtrs, from battery to fridge, the recommended wire gauge would be 6B&S which has core of about 7.5mm diameter. Its not "6mm wire", its much thicker. Its a big, heavy guage wire, about $10+/metre for twin sheathed (pos and neg). Also run the earth direct to the battery, don't earth of the chassis.

Although with the my new van, Ive opted for an Anderson plug, my last 16.49.1 Expanda had a 150ltr fridge which I ran through the 12 pin plug without an issue.

Knowing this will likely set off a debate; an Anderson plug is not the be all and end all. The large pins on a 12 pin plug are rated at 30amps and cope with the larger fridges

This is the Redarc wire gauge
View attachment 28118
Just thinking what size wire has jayco ran from the trailer plug to the fridge ?

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Quoted delivery

Just thinking what size wire has jayco ran from the trailer plug to the fridge ?
Ha. Not 6B&S thats for sure; but at least with the rated wire from the battery to the socket, you'll be minimising any compounding voltage drop .... The voltage drop in wire is compounded over its length

Oct 14, 2014
Ok jayco just rang me and asked would i trial a new a/c system in my van for them.Its a denso system look and fits in the same spot .Has anyone else had this system fitted.Denso has a good name so i said go ahead with it.They knocked $500 off the system price so it didnt cost me any extra. Fingers crossed it is a good thing(roof mount a/c)