17' Series 17.56-2OB help needed

Oct 14, 2014
Hello im new to this but here we go.In august me and my wife ordered a 17.56 and was told it would be ready for pick up late November.But this week I had a phone call and found out that haven't even started yet.So it turn out mid December now which means two days late into my 7 weeks off.Not happy, but this is where my questions come.They tell me I can make changers still for another week before they start.So wondering if I should change the coupling to the shockproof swivel type?also should I get another external table fitted.They say the tow length is 6864 mm is that including the rear bar ?my shed is 7200mm so im thinking about getting the 300mm extended a-frame which should just fit by mm`s.Other extra`s are big fridge,roof air,external shower,external fold down table fixed bunks with draws under it, shelves in robe,privacy screens,plus show special extras. thanks for the help

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Hello im new to this but here we go.In august me and my wife ordered a 17.56 and was told it would be ready for pick up late November.But this week I had a phone call and found out that haven't even started yet.So it turn out mid December now which means two days late into my 7 weeks off.Not happy, but this is where my questions come.They tell me I can make changers still for another week before they start.So wondering if I should change the coupling to the shockproof swivel type?also should I get another external table fitted.They say the tow length is 6864 mm is that including the rear bar ?my shed is 7200mm so im thinking about getting the 300mm extended a-frame which should just fit by mm`s.Other extra`s are big fridge,roof air,external shower,external fold down table fixed bunks with draws under it, shelves in robe,privacy screens,plus show special extras. thanks for the help
:welcome: james im sure u will get a lot of answers here re the coupling how much off roading are u doing and how rough are u going only u can answer that id say get a standard one many of them to pick from later if u need it external table is great id get an outside tv point put tv on the table its very good and for quick stops when u don't get everything out its handy anyway ,extended draw bar is also good they tow very well plenty of room to open back of car and u mite get a box on front later , its should come with the biggest fridge that can fit in it , it should have roof air too ours is the trauma seems ok , fixed bunks may be good for extra storage we didn't get it , shelves in robe u could do that either fix them where u want them or make them adjustable up or down to fit different things , id get the screens only if there the really dark ones a bit thicker some are thin , fridge fan is good too helps to keep it cool , ESC for safety of u and family , where are u in vic geelong have good screens , a lot too think about in a week , external shower ????? theres a tap to wash feet good luck im sure u will get heaps more answers

Reactions: rcf
Oct 14, 2014
Thanks for the help,looks like I'll get the out side tv point and the extended a frame.whats the best way to protect the front of the van ? Stone guard or any ideas

Oct 14, 2014
Do you think they are needed for on road use only ? I had a jayco eagle before and the front ended up covered in tar? Just trying to look after this one

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
The van will have the protection zone on the front. Did the eagle have that? Ive never had a problem with tar. Others may have a different experience?

Oct 14, 2014
How long are people waiting for there new vans to be built? Jayco told me 5 months but now a month out they havn`t even started it and it will be three weeks late!

Bonners

Jan 24, 2013
wollondilly nsw
Hi james, we have a stonestomper, use it all the time for that reason keeps tar off front. Didnt get external TV point wish i did now- Does anyone kmow if it is easy to retro fit?

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
How long are people waiting for there new vans to be built? Jayco told me 5 months but now a month out they havn`t even started it and it will be three weeks late!
ours is apparently finished on 19/11, and they havens started it yet. Apparently it only takes them 3 or 4 days to build one, or so I'm told.

Reactions: Crusty181

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney

We ordered ours in January and picked it up in May this year, so 5 months sounds about right

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
The 20.63.1 is only on the line for 3 days apparently. That wouldnt include the chassis and all the off line pre fab stuff like the kitchen, fabric/canvas work etc

Oct 14, 2014
Crusty181
3 days seems a little quick
We made some changes to the van,extended aframe,fixed bunks with draws underneath and cupboard fitted out with shelves

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Crusty181
3 days seems a little quick
We made some changes to the van,extended aframe,fixed bunks with draws underneath and cupboard fitted out with shelves
The 3 days doesnt include the off line work like chassis, cabinets, cushions, tent sections etc etc. Its line assembly. I wanted to do the factory tour during a production run of my model of van ..... and 3 days was the quoted time on the assembly line. Quick !!!!

Jayco do production runs for a particular model. Your chosen models scheduled production may be next week or in 3 months i suppose. You can be luckyor sh$t out of luck when it comes to schedules runs and delivery times.

Last edited:

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
The 3 days doesnt include the off line work like chassis, cabinets, cushions, tent sections etc etc. Its line assembly. I wanted to do the factory tour during a production run of my model of van ..... and 3 days was the quoted time on the assembly line. Quick !!!!

Jayco do production runs for a particular model. Your chosen models scheduled production may be next week or in 3 months i suppose. You can be luckyor sh$t out of luck when it comes to schedules runs and delivery times.
We booked our tour when the van was supposed to be made.. Then it was late :)

Reactions: Crusty181