Electrical Wifi in Caravan

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Ok
I bought a Seagate wireless plus 2tb mobile hard drive downloaded the app and all works good .
Which program do you guys use to copy the DVD onto the hard drive ? And which format plays on iPods

Reactions: Smirke and Dobbie

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Ok
I bought a Seagate wireless plus 2tb mobile hard drive downloaded the app and all works good .
Which program do you guys use to copy the DVD onto the hard drive ? And which format plays on iPods
You want to use Windows or IOS to convert the dvds?

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
I'm VERY interested in this....so will keep an eye on it.

Why does life have to be so complicated? Probably because I'm getting very lazy and haven't kept up with technology.

Reactions: dagree

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
I downloaded a free MP4 converter from the App Store to do some of ours, as our movies are avi or mkv, etc. also downloaded VLC onto the iPads. The movies seem to play thru that nicely regardless on whether they are MP4 or not. (Although we aren't converting DVDs, our movies are all downloaded ones.)

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Holy.....

Is there a version for dummies?

I just want something simple.....without having to learn stuff.

Maybe I'll just give up.

Reactions: dagree

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Maybe I'd better explain my needs ( or hopes)

Firstly, we record lots of stuff on Foxtel IQ and have a DVD recorder so can creat DVDs from Foxtel then play on the van DVD. That I can do but it does tend to be laborious, particularly when I haven't removed content for a while.

Secondly, we have iPads and Samsung tabs which could be used to access movies and the Foxtel stuff but only if it's a simple process . Anything more difficult than burning lots of DVDs is far too much of an overkill for me.

Thirdly, and I hesitate to admit this, I have never downloaded a movie to my laptop etc so if there's some good advice on doing this, I'll follow it.

And lastly, I've got Edup and can get it working on iPad but not on Samsung and no idea why but not really bothered.

My problem is moving content from Foxtel iq to a hard disk in a format that I can access from iPad etc.

If I'm hoping for too much, so be it but if it's possible I'll give it a go...within reason....but if it's not I'll stick with what I understand.

I categorically refuse to retrain in IT and no longer regard beating the problem as an intellectual exercise. Been there, done that.

A simple life is much more relaxing!

I'm not disputing that you competent computer buffs know what you're doing and good luck to you but I've come to the conclusion that if it's doable, if it's simple and if it works it's fine. If not, I'll let the world pass me by and concentrate on gardening and fishing!

And yes....I've just spent about 15 useless hours trying to sort out multiple computer problems which ended up with a complete reinstall. I lost the network, I lost the gateway, I lost the files I had ready for the taxman and I certainly lost my sense of humour.

So I'd love to hear if there's a simple non stressful solution and I really am grateful for any suggestions, as long as I can understand them.

:amen: