Who installs extra water tank?

Johnstons

Aug 10, 2012
Anywhere in the great outdoors
Hi sorry about my ignorance or dumbness but we have just got our van and am trying to get a few things done to it before we head around Oz next year.

Do we have to book our van into Jayco to get an extra water tank or is someone else able to do it?

If not too rude how much should we expect to pay?

Cheers

Johnstons

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
Hi there, I got an extra one installed by the Jayco dealer.

Cost me $550 for a 90l tank installed and plumbed into the existing system.

I now have three tanks, one in the front which is an 80l tank and two in the back which are hooked on parallel, one is 80l, the other 90l.

The tanks in the back are hooked up as one tank and register on the tank monitor as one tank. It will just take longer to empty.

You could do it yourself if you are a handy person, about half of my cost was labour.

Hope this helps.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I realised when I picked up the van that the tanks weren't equalised, but that the pump pulls from both tanks and therefore needs both tanks to be full or it will suck air. I was planning to only use one tank to keep the weight down when possible.
I was thinking of running a hose between tanks to equalise them. Is this what yours has Mick?

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
I realised when I picked up the van that the tanks weren't equalised, but that the pump pulls from both tanks and therefore needs both tanks to be full or it will suck air. I was planning to only use one tank to keep the weight down when possible.
I was thinking of running a hose between tanks to equalise them. Is this what yours has Mick?

In theory, yes, but it does not seem to work this way, so What I was going to do was have two taps that would either open or close each tak individually.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
Thanks guys, I've since found the 3 way tap and worked it out. Dealer told me it was both or nothing. Silly dealer.

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
Hi there, I got an extra one installed by the Jayco dealer.

Cost me $550 for a 90l tank installed and plumbed into the existing system.

I now have three tanks, one in the front which is an 80l tank and two in the back which are hooked on parallel, one is 80l, the other 90l.

The tanks in the back are hooked up as one tank and register on the tank monitor as one tank. It will just take longer to empty.

You could do it yourself if you are a handy person, about half of my cost was labour.

Hope this helps.

Mick any chance of a pic to show where they mounted the tank and how it is plumbed?