14' Series Wheel Camber

swampy

May 25, 2021
gold coast qld
Hi, just picked up our expanda 14 series from 9 months in storage and noticed the wheels(pictured). was taking off for a month next week. Any guidance welcome,
Regards Swampy

Attachments

• jayco wheel 2.jpg
    jayco wheel 2.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 117
  • jayco wheel 2.jpg
    jayco wheel 2.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 118
  • jayco wheels.jpg
    jayco wheels.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 124

jazzeddie1234

May 19, 2016
Mandurah
Wow that is some lean.

I would jack up each side and very firmly grasp the wheel and wrench from side to side/ up and down/ in and out. If there is play then wheel bearings are the problem.

Next I would check if you have a solid axle (vs independent) and that it is perfectly straight. If not (and I suspect not) then that will need to be fixed

If you have independent suspension check that the inner bolt on the swing arm is loose - and then use a square to watch the wheel lean as you push/rotate that bolt around.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I thought bearing but brake drum would have been letting you know, certainly looks like a bent axle as I now see its both wheels shown..... if it is a new axle will be needed along with U bolts for springs ...................... be most interesting to see some pics of underneath.

Only way to find out is to lift it as stated above..........................
When ever you jack up an axle always put a jack stand under the draw bar or hook onto the tug as the jockey can move and the van fall off the jack.

Last edited: